SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

NO fabric softener 2 week experiment!!

larsi_gw
6 years ago

Ok....I washed and dried for 2 weeks using NO liquid fabric softener (I NEVER use dryer sheets). Clothes, sheets, towels and of course (as always) no fabric softener on workout wear or microfiber!

My Miele condenser dryer naturally keeps all static away and leaves things "less dehydrated" than vented dryers. Some items felt almost as soft as when using liquid fabric softener, but most items were of course not that soft. The main thing I noticed, is when not using liquid FS....many items do not look smooth and polished; the fibers are a little more "roughed up".

Last night, my DH actually said......"Ok, what in the hell have you been doing to ALL our laundry the past week or so? Everything feels so hard, scratchy and rough. Our bath towels feel like my mom washed and air dried them in 1965 Sweden, and all my jeans feel awful. You have always been the best laundry person, but you have really slipped!!"

O M G!!! It was actually noticed that no liquid FS has been used. I am going to have to go back to my old ways. 1/2 of a capful topped off with water for clothes, sheets and towels!! Experiment FAIL. :-O

Comments (42)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio