SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Shaklee Fabric Softener FINALLY arrived :)

larsi_gw
12 years ago

Ok Livebetter....Here it goes!!! :)

The Pros:

Smells so good. Clean, fresh, natural and just really great!

Any residual suds left during the first 2 rinses, Shaklee (as with most softeners) cuts them, and leaves the water clear and bubble free.

I only did 2 loads with it tonight, and it left most items soft and fluffy. In all honesty, no where near as soft and fluffy as even a small amount of Downy...but for being plant based and "green", Shaklee did a fine job as a fabric softener.

A little will go a long, long way. You just need like a 1/2 of a tiny cap diluted with water. Very economical for the most part!

The Cons:

Paying $9.00 shipping for a $10.00 bottle of Fabric Softener!! Even if I end up loving Shaklee, this high shipping cost will probably prevent me from ordering more!

The amount of scent. As ya'll know...I love me some scented laundry (well, not as much as Downy Unstoppables...ick!!), but after rinsing and drying, I like laundry to have a scent. This Shaklee smells awesome in the bottle, and even smells pretty good going from the washer to the dryer. After the drying cycle though, the scent is almost gone. Bummer!!

Summary:

A very good "green", plant based Fabric Softener. Having to order online, pay very high shipping fees and then wait about a week...will probably make me not re-order; but I am glad I did, and will probably enjoy using it while it lasts. Still nothing close to Downy, but not bad at all. I give it a 6/10, maybe a 7/10!!

Comments (23)