SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Memorial Day Weekend 2017 Severe Weather Check-In Thread

Here we are. Another year. Another Memorial Day weekend. Another Severe Weather Check-In Thread. I feel like the severe weather check-in thread is our new holiday tradition (unfortunately).

Hoping everyone will remember to check in here this weekend after their severe weather has ended. Please let us know that you and yours are safe and well after all this mess ends. After daylight, everyone can check their gardens and report back here.

Please, if you get hail damage, don't panic and rip everything out of the ground or prune it too hard to begin with. Well-rooted plants can come back from even massive hail damage astonishingly quickly sometimes. Sometimes gardeners can panic (no, not us or anyone we know, lol) and yank out everything thinking they have to start over from scratch. Trust me, that's not necessary in almost all cases.

Now, since most of the state is having wild weather, and I'm not, I'll sit back and watch the radar and the news reports and worry about all of you, just like a mama hen should. (grin) Please go to your safe storm shelter places as needed and stay there as long as necessary. We all worry about one another, you know.

Our wild weather down here is expected early Sunday so y'all probably won't hear from me checking in until after sunrise Sunday depending on when the craziness reaches us and when it ends. It has been as close to us as the county due north of us, which is under a tornado warning as I type this, but y'all know that it is missing us so far just like all the rain has done for months now. I'm still hoping rain will find us and that the hail and tornadoes and wickedly strong winds won't find any of y'all.

Comments (9)