SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_24200779

Summer has arrived; I guess rose season is almost done...

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Sad to say, it's become hot here.My garden has been at it's peak, but the heat is taking it's toll. I hate summer!!!!!!! Being outdoors is so unpleasant,I've got no energy...boo hoo.

I shouldn't complain. Here at least we haven't been tormented by drought,at least up until now. And as glorious as my garden is, it is indeed exhausting trying to get out there as much as possible just to be with the roses. I wind up staying until dark,because it is at sunset that the roses are at their most beautiful; in the low light the colours just glow,and you don't notice the defects such as fried blooms,etc. But this means that I get home between 10 and 11PM,still have to shower and eat,so I get to bed at 1AM or later! This is a very tiring lifestyle,and it is in this period of the year that I most wish that we had a little cottage or something out there. That way I could instead aim for a more traditional (healthier?) gardener's rhythm : get up early, stay outside until 11AM or so,then rest indoors all afternoon,only going out again in the evening. Ah, well...people always want what they don't have, and I'm no exception, so it's better just to try to take it philosophically...

Comments (24)