SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippiep

Laurie and other DIY re-upholsterers!

pippiep
6 years ago

Laurie -- I just saw your older threads about re-upholstering your furniture. You did an amazing job! When I found those, I chuckled because in my roman shades threads, you mentioned someday wanting to try to make them... and they are SO much easier than re-upholstering! You can absolutely do it for sure. I can't remember if I ever updated, but my preferred method is now without ribs, and using SafeTShade ring locks instead. I need more rows of cord, but everything folds up nicely.

To you and others who have learned to re-upholster: what were your most helpful resources? I was going to order a book from Amazon (Spruce). Did you sign up for the membership on Kim's Upholstering site? I used her online tutorials for my roman shades (along with other videos). I'm in MA, so maybe I'll try to go to one of her workshops

We have so much red/burgundy/dark brown leather furniture in this house, and I thought we were stuck with it. But someone gave me the idea to re-upholster, and now I want to try it myself.

I've also seen a few pieces at a secondhand store that were SO comfy and perfect, but had awful fabric.

Comments (19)