SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westside779

My daughter outed me!!!

Jody
6 years ago

My daughter sees a psychiatrist for severe anxiety disorder. She was seeing a psychologist for several months with no real progress, so we switched to a psychiatrist.

Thursday was her second visit. When the psychiatrist asked me if there was any depression, anxiety or compulsive behavior in my family.. I said no to the anxiety and compulsive behavior.

Well, my daughter chimed up and told the psychiatrist about my detergent hoard!!!

I am sure it would have been hilarious to all of you to watch me sitting there red faced fessing up to Yes, I do have detergent by the ton.

Emily told him how I drive 30 miles out of town to get Sears detergent and how I raid mexican grocery store shelves looking for the Ariel.

I was speechless. How am I supposed to defend myself? So, instead of the visit being about Emily, he started in on me. Why do I feel I need to collect so much of something that is so readily available.

Well, I did explain to him that the detergents I collect are now no longer available, just to have him ask me if I realize that when it is all gone, I can indeed move on.

Jeez....really. I'm fine. No problem or disorder here. Move along.

It took everything in me to be civil to my daughter. I adore her, but that little confession wasn't really necessary.

Comments (24)