SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cattyles

Oh, ugh! Happy Mother's Day?

cattyles
6 years ago

If anyone is tired of my cat stuff, I don't blame you a bit and please skip this post. Truly, I'm good and tired of it, too.

I'm on sick leave and feel rotten. Guess what happened on Mother's Day?

Sorry for the poor photo quality. That is two very newly born kittens. A cat showed up outside last week, very young but very pregnant. These kittens were on the bare concrete at 7am Sunday morning when I opened the back door. They were cold and barely moving. I tried leaving them there for a couple of hours, on a towel with a hot water bottle but the mom did not come back until yesterday. She was obviously not in good shape. I was able to trap her in the humane trap and took her to the vet. She had a retained kitten. She has had surgery and will be at the vet's until probably Thursday.

The kitten at the top of the photo died about 1 am this morning. The other is vigorous, demanding, and doing great.

Her name is Zippy. If you've never read "A Girl Named Zippy" by Haven Kimmel I very highly recommend it.

Belated Happy Mother's Day! Wish me luck and say a little prayer for Miss Zippy (and her foster mom), please!

Comments (47)