SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

Rotating you tires (auto)

UGHHH...This last set of tires, I've been rotating every 5k miles like I've always been told you should and as Discount Tire recommended. Well two tires have worn WAY faster than the other 2 which doesn't make any sense. It's as if I've never rotated them and have driven on them in place for the last 30k miles. Very strange.

I mentioned to my neighbor that I needed to go get tires and my annoyance of how they have worn...she mentioned she gets her tires rotated every 10k miles...every other time she gets an oil change. I was really surprised. I've never heard going that long. My car is front wheel drive, maybe hers is different and has a different recommendation. I don't know. I did google how often tires should be rotated and I did see with every other 5k oil change which would be every 10k miles. I've seen 7.5k miles, 5k miles, at least every 6 months...it's all over the place.

It doesn't feel like its out of alignment, but I think I should get a front alignment done anyways. I have 64k miles and have never had one.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz