SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cal_dreamer

Dog feeding questions - Bones? Rotation?

cal_dreamer
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Right now my 3 year-old Border Collie Layla is on Wellnes Core, and seems to be doing well on it.

I've been reading about raw food and have heard that you should not feed raw and kibble at the same time (same feeding.) Today she had kibble in the morning and I gave her a split knuckebone for a treat late this afternoon.

Anyone know how many calories in marrow? I'm guessing she probably doesn't need kibble for dinner tonight.

I was also reading about kibble rotation. Anyone here rotate protein source foods regularly? Since Wellness core is turkey and chicken, should I switch it up and give her a venison/lamb based food in a month or so for a change? I was thinking Innova EVO Red and then Orijen Fish? (I don't have the time or energy to go all raw, so that's not an option for me.)

Might seem silly, but it makes sense to me to feed from diferent protein sources and I know I would get tired of eating the same thing everyday.

For those of you who rotate and/or supplement with meaty bones, how do you do it and how have your dogs responded?

Thanks, Holly

Comments (4)