SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jesslake

frustration with Miele Canada service, anyone else?

jesslake
6 years ago

Hi all,

I am encountering some ongoing issues with Miele Canada and I'm about at the end of my rope now. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems and how you resolved them. Here's the scoop. I really need to vent so this will be long, sorry and thank you so much if you read even just a bit of it.

- bought two ovens, cooktop, vent hood and countertop coffee maker all in January, total cost around $25k CAD

- ovens and cooktop went in without a hitch, I love them

- vent hood was challenging to install but the technician was a rock star and got it done, except that the Con@activity feature doesn't work and he can't figure out why. He went off saying he'd do some research and call me within a few days. Never heard from him again. Have called Miele Canada once a week ever since (this was 2 months ago) and each time I'm promised that they will have a technician call me within 24 hours and we'll get it fixed. Nobody calls. I wait a week, call Miele back, they are surprised and apologetic, make the same promise, I foolishly believe them because they are so nice on the phone, repeat...over and over and over...

- meanwhile, coffee maker made the most delicious coffee ever for 2 months till it stopped abruptly in early March. Miele promptly sent a repair tech out who took the machine away, promising to have it back within 7 days. That was the last I saw of him. I have his direct contact info but he doesn't respond ever. I start calling Miele about it, they promise to follow up, you get the picture here... On one call, they told me that the required part had been sent to the technician and it would be fixed within a day or two. A few weeks later I was told that the part was actually backordered and never sent out, no idea when it would be available. I now consider the machine to be stolen and requested my money back. They refused but did agree finally to send me a replacement machine. But they haven't.

- lastly, I ordered an additional pair of telescopic extension glides for my steam oven and paid for them over the phone. Meant to be exactly the same as what came with the oven on the bottom rack, so that I could have second set in the middle. The lady on the phone seemed to know exactly what I was talking about. What arrived in the mail was the wrong model and just one (when you need a right and a left, DUH). Added this to the list of issues I phone them about. They insist that they sent the correct part and are confused by my confusion. Finally the lovely lady on the phone agrees to give me an email address so I can send photos of the telescopic racks that my oven came with with along with a photo of what I received in the mail, obviously very different. Do I ever hear back? No of course not.

I am completely baffled and feel like I'm losing my mind. No idea what to do. My last phone call to them was 1hr 53 minutes on Monday, when I was promised that everything would be fixed or replaced within 24-48 hours. NOTHING. My husband and the sales rep who sold me the stuff both say its time to blast them on social media but that's not my style. I guess this post is my first step.

Would love to know if anyone else has had problems with Miele Canada service follow-up or if my issues are isolated. I absolutely love my ovens and cooktop but I'm now terrified of anything going wrong with them. I give up on the rest of the stuff, am writing it all off.

Rant done. Hrmph. Please be honest with me if I'm missing something here and the problem is mine.

Comments (10)