SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
me1ab

Miele or Electrolux or something else?

me1ab
12 years ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post on gardenwebs.

So the wife and I are in the market for our very first w+d. I like the super capacity mieles for their construction but they seem small in capacity compared to the electrolux EWFLS70JSS models. The electrolux also has that push to open door which seems annoying. So I'm kinda leaning towards the miele. Here's the catch: I can get the electrolux from my brother in law who works for chain store at cost ($1150 for washer and $1200 for dryer). The miele I have to pay msrp ($1600 washer and $1200 dryer)

Which route should we go? I'm open to other brand suggestions but these two brands seem to be highest quality.

About us:

-Newlyweds who can afford it (been saving cash by living with in-laws)

-Will be looking to have kids soon so capacity is a factor (thinking cloth diapers)

-Will be in the basement in new house, but new house is temporary for now so may go on a second level eventually. (new house is rented house)

-Thinking of going with an electric dryer but could go gas (have hookups for each)

We want these units to last a long time. I can buy the miele extended warrenties but the electrolux would have to be in the bro-in-law's name if I get the warranty from his chain store place of employment.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz