I have a great daughter who has been a pro athlete.

cknapp001

I think everything is a competition to her including reasonable neatness in my home. When she is at rock bottom with being a slob, she talks incessantly about moving out. I suspect she thinks that as a widow I would be too lonely. She will even sleep in the living room because her bed etc full of everything. Honestly would miss her but not her slovenliness . Again gave her rules and I am so done asking, forgiving, doing it for her. A housekeeper couldnt even vacuum or dust given the junk all over. done, done and done Respect the home, me and herself or Bye Girl

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colleenoz

Well, your house, your rules. If you don't want to just shut the door on the mess and otherwise enjoy your daughter's company (or at least push the crap on the bed off to join its friends on the floor so she can sleep on the bed instead of the living room) then box up the stuff and put it by the door.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
popi_gw

Have a new rule, no sleeping in the living room, at least ! Then you can close the bedroom door and not think about the mess. Let her know you are very happy to live on your own.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Travel by Design Pro Secrets for Taking Fantastic Travel Photos With Your Phone
When great design and family antics catch your eye, capture the memories with photos that tell a story
Full Story
Small Homes 16 Smart Ideas for Small Homes From People Who’ve Been There
Got less than 1,000 square feet to work with? These design-savvy homeowners have ideas for you
Full Story
Materials Pro Panel: ‘The Material I Love to Work With Most’
7 experts weigh in on their favorite materials for walls, flooring, siding and counters
Full Story