SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livinwell

Question for the Pros and anyone else who has an opinion

livinwell
16 years ago

My pool is almost complete, pebbletec done, acid wash tomorrow. My contract called for progess payments, last 1/3 to be paid upon completion. During the tile and coping phase, they had a third party deliver some material. The driver of that company backed into my wrought iron gate and pulled it from the wall. The gate was a replacement so there were holes from the previous gate and now with the larger hole from the gate being torn from the wall, they were not able to just screw it back into the wall and straighten it out completely. I was talking to the supervisor over the phone and asked about the gate. He said to hold back 500. My concern is, I don't know how much it will cost to repair the stucco wall and rehang the gate. If they can have it done for 500 dollars, I would prefer that, but I definitely don't want them to just create another hole that fails becasue there is no reinforcement. The pool guys have been great and I totally understand that accidents can happen. I am not wigged out at all. I just want to make sure that I get my gate reattached, in the condition it was in. Does this holdback sound reasonable and what should I get from them, in writing, to ensure that I don't wind up having to duke it out over this.

Comments (5)