SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivamae_gw

I have a quesion about my daughter's dog.

ivamae
15 years ago

This dog is nine and a half years old- Is a black lab cross but I'm not sure the other breed.

About 2 years ago she deveoped problems with her bowel control. She also has developed arthritis in the back quarters. A short time ago she also developed bladder incontinence. She has been on antibiotics for about 10 days or so. She had xrays to-day and no bladder stones were evident although urine tests showed crystals, but I don't know what kind. The vet put her on penicillan for another month and told them to use only canned food and a strict diet for 8 weeks.. He also told them there was nothing else that could be done. That seems hard to accept.

Would the loss of bowel control and the bladder control be caused by the same thing?

One day she ate and went directly into another room and urinated on an area rug in that room. This is totally not the normal for her.

She doesn't come to the door to greet them anymore, when they come in. She is such a beautifully dispositioned dog and this is so unlike her.

Do dogs get dementia?

Does anyone have any suggestions? It would certainly be appreciated if you could offer some.

Thanks everyone

ivamae

Comments (18)