SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyshortlegs

Polished Nickel Sconces, Chrome Everything Else? (HELP, PLEASE.)

H. A.
6 years ago

Unfortunately there absolutely can be a visible difference between Polished Chrome and Polished Nickel. For example, I attempted to pair Pottery Barn's Kensington Rectangular Pivot Mirror in Chrome with Hudson Valley's Amherst Sconces in Polished Nickel, and the Chrome looked overwhelmingly blue next to the warmth of the Polished Nickel. The fixtures had to be returned because I couldn't return the mirrors and we'd already selected Chrome everywhere else: faucets, shower panel, shower door hinges and handle, cabinet hardware; what I'm now realizing was a rookie mistake considering I didn't pinpoint sconces first and lo and behold, everything I like is Polished Nickel, not Chrome.

Now we're a month out from fixture install, if not less, and while I should have other sconces ordered and ARRIVED by now I'm STILL combing the Internet for a Chrome sconce I don't loathe. :( I'm wondering if I could get away with Polished Nickel sconces and Chrome everywhere else if I paired the sconces on the wall with just frameless, floating mirrors, sidelining the Kensingtons for another room (or for resale). I dare to think Polished Nickel sconces could be a singular statement piece if they were just left to themselves, i.e., if I didn't position them on either side of loudly Chrome mirrors. *nail biting*

Comment