SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
h_agius59

My Succulents won't be getting any more direct sunlight :O

Hi lovely Succulent people. I live in a boarding house in the city. My floor has a shared kitchen/common room with a largeish balcony attached. This is where I've been doing my Succulent gardening. However a highrise apartment building is going up next door, and it's now apparentthat our balcony will get no direct sunlight at all during the winter and little or none during summer and then only first thing in the morning :(

I'm not sure what to do now. I've got lots of small plants plus a few bigger ones that I was planning to repot into gritty mix, lots of babies that are doing really well and besides me, the other tenants are loving it too.

Even in winter it's still bright light and in summer it would get very bright and hot (and maybe a few hours of early sunlight).

I was sort of planning to get a narrow table type thing and put the sun lovers (probably all of them) above the level of the fence. And find some that would prefer the dappled light through the fence for underneath.

I'll put a few photos I took yesterday of most of them in the next post.

Any thoughts, suggestions, what you would do, etc will hopefully give me some choices to think about.

Comments (27)