SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cluscher30

New landscape plans - your comments?

cluscher30
7 years ago

I am building a new home Vero Beach, about 3 miles from the ocean. The landscaper's preliminary plot plan calls for some of the following plants. The HOA has set requirements for x # of various types of trees per SF. (street trees, canopy trees, accent trees, etc)

If you've had any experience with these, please share. We are an older couple, and trying to minimize the amount of yard work we will have. Are any of these labor-intensive, or prone to pests?

Other suggestions are most welcome.

Palatka holly tree about 1/2 way between driveway & property line, near street.

Crepe myrtle tree about 30 ft back from palatka. Another in far right back corner of lot.

Cassia trees - 1 in back left corner of lot; 2nd on east side of house

Queen palms in various locations around but near house - Two are basically foundation plantings in front of the house (not sure if this is such a good idea!)

Triple robellenii - 1 between but in front of the 2 queen palms above, the other on the front corner of the house.

I'm looking forward to your comments. As long as I stay within the HOA requirements, the landscaper will accommodate my requests for changes, though they will cost me more, of course!

One last question - I really wanted to get a Bismarck palm in there somewhere, maybe out in front near the set back line (where the Palatka holly is going). Thoughts on this tree?

Thanks so much for any feedback!

Carol

Comments (10)