SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swanoir44

Landscape Plan revision - comments

ecodad
7 years ago

When we built our house, our original landscape designer set out plans for the east front side of the house. It didn't work out well in part because the soil in this part of the landscape is rocky and in part because it gets a lot of wind and sun. We are in Central WA, Zone 5a or 5b - keeps changing.

Later, we brought in another designer. I found the initial plan rather scattered.

She revised it, but it never came to fruition. To give examples, the Sambucus that thrived in the partial shaded areas of the property withered in this area. So did the Hynoki Cypress and the creeping thyme. I hate Daylillies, so I never planted them. Several friends warned that if I put in Yucca, I would never get rid of it. Buddleia is a class B weed in WA State. The Mock Orange never blooms and is very leggy, and so on.

Anyway, thought I would give it another go. A new tree was suggested in the plans, so I got a Weeping Pussy Willow, since it is supposed to be pretty hardy. I have plenty of Salvia, Coreopsis, Russian Sage, and Blue Oat grass on the property, so while that is rather boring and overdone in our area, I could certainly work with that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (14)