SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
travis_tesar

Need help with failing lawn!

Travis Tesar
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have ALOT of issues with my lawn. I just purchased my home and there are 3 HUGE spots maybe 10x20 that look like this photo I have attached. The rest of the lawn is spotty in places, other areas have good amounts of moss and others just plain weeds. I need to know the best way to go about reviving my lawn. I was thinking of using a gas de thatcher to tear up all the dead crap and some of the moss while I'm at it. Follow that with a good raking / mow the grass short and bag the clippings to clean it up. Then core aerate, seed and fertilize. Would this be advisable or should I just deal with the bare spots and huge patches of dead crabgrass and run a course of scotts crab grass preventer and weed and feed. I'm trying to save some money and do the work myself. I just thought a good thatching, mowing aerate and aggressively overseed and fertilize would help tremendously. I would just have to wait a few weeks until the seeds sprout to use weed killer? Or would just have to hand pull weeds until fully grown. I'm new to all this first time home owner and just neeed some advice thanks.! I've attached a few pics please help!! almost forgot, I live in Michigan and temps are running low 50-60 daily lows of 45 at night.

Comment (1)