SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

In between the rain storms - hodgepodge corner of my garden

jacqueline9CA
7 years ago

This is a "hodgepodge" corner of our garden. All of the plants here were here (except the South African daisies) when we moved in 28 years ago, and I have not done much with any of them, except prune the dead stuff and fight back the English ivy once a year. The roses are just starting to bloom, but I am tired of waiting for them to be in full bloom, so took this pic yesterday. So, can you tell who they are? Answer from the back: ornamental crab apple tree (just finished blooming), Japanese quince (still some blooms - they are the orangey ones), rosa odorata, Dawson's Apple Blossom, & Eugene de Beauharnais.

Oh yes, there is a plant of Awakening inside of the Japanese quince, which is climbing and has 6 buds on it as of yesterday (only visible from the neighbor's driveway to the left in the pic). I have rooted cuttings from the DAB, EdB, A, and bushes of them are growing happily in other places in my garden. These old ones just keep on keeping on, with no care (they do get some water in the summer), so I let them.

Jackie

Comments (6)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor