SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anon_username

Question about blind corner cabinets

Anon Username
7 years ago

I'm hoping to replace the hinged corner base cabinet in the first attached picture below. A standard 33" wall oven cabinet (for a Bosch speed oven, installed under-counter) will be going in the space marked by the red line. And in the space to the right of that, I will be installing a standard blind corner cabinet to replace the portion of the hinged corner cabinet (the entire hinged corner cabinet will be removed). I envision the blind corner cabinet being similar to the one in the second picture below (a picture from the Shenandoah cabinets catalog).

I have 36" of wall space on that right wall for the blind corner cabinet. Shenandoah's catalog shows that they make a 27"-width blind corner cabinet, but the catalog says it needs 37-3/8" of wall space (dimension "A" in the picture below from the Shenandoah catalog).

Why does a 27"-width cabinet need 37-3/8" of wall space? Should a decent cabinet installer be able to make it work in the 36" of wall space that I have available? Or does that kill my plan?

If that does kill my plan, what are my options? I really want to replace the existing cabinetry in that corner so that I can do an undercounter Bosch speed oven, which will require me to get rid of the existing hinged corner cabinet. But I'd really prefer for the corner space beneath the countertop to not become dead space. I know blind corner cabinets aren't great, but they are better than nothing!

Thoughts/advice? Thanks!

P.S. The last picture is a diagram of the existing hinged corner cabinet. My dimension "A" in that last picture is 36".

Comments (2)