SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rich12072

Can a carpenter modify a blind corner cabinet to hold a sink?

rich12072
8 years ago

I am looking for advice, preferably from those who have decent carpenter skills. I am looking to update my small kitchen by replacing the base cabinets and keeping but upgrading the wall cabinets to match new base cabinets.
I would like to keep the same layout. The current base cabinets appear to have been custom built in place many years ago. There isn't much room to vary the layout. The biggest hindrance to keeping the base cab configuration I have now is that the sink sits in a location more or less half-way in the corner. The only way I can keep this arrangement would be to modify a blind corner cabinet to hold a sink mostly above the door. Only a small portion of the sink would go beyond the corner (L-shaped kitchen). However, because it needs to go beyond the corner to use a standard size one basin kitchen sink, it would have to be place in a blind corner cabinet,.
Using a sink cabinet and a blind on the other side of the L would necessitate having the sink cabinet be so narrow, the size of the sink would have to be too small.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to modify a blind corner cab to hold a sink as I have described? Picture shows what I am talking about. There is no more space to move the dishwasher further to the right. Thanks for your suggestions!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals