SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lumpybrowndog

Quartz Install Issues - What do I do now?

lumpybrowndog
7 years ago

I am so disappointed in our quartz counter top installation. We had long discussions with fabricator about "matching the seams" as one seam would have to be right by the sink, very visible. Assured that they would line up the veining as much as possible, wouldn't be an issue. Installers arrived on site and I was thrilled that the veining at the seam was great. But wait, that counter top was measured wrong, was too small and couldn't be installed. They had to get another slab and re-cut, and now the seam is so obvious, and the pattern looks like it is at a 90 degree angle between the pieces. It doesn't show as well in the photo. Additionally the cutout for the corner sink had been measured incorrectly and the cutout was not centered in the cabinet, off by 1/2". We had to try and work with the sink and faucet mounting to minimize how much it showed. Seams are not a consistent color and are bumpy. They also said that one piece of quartz was cupped (they said all quartz is cupped?) so there is a visible space at one end of the cabinet with a visible shim. Is this true? Fabricator said they could work on the seams...and offered me a $200 discount (3%). I realize that they aren't going to fix the misplaced sink issue, and I guess I need to live with the horrible pattern match. Is it reasonable to expect a larger discount? Do I trust them to try and make the seams smooth and consistent in color? I would appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Comments (14)