SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
at1982

Need Creative Ideas for Landscaping Around In-Ground Pool

at1982
7 years ago

Hello!

I'm looking for ideas for backyard landscaping around an in-ground pool. The previous landscape was overgrown and I removed it all two years ago. I left some tall-growing "fountain grass" (that's what it looks like) to cover the fence and two small plum trees. I like the plum trees for color, but the grass is such a pain to cut and dispose of each year.

Due to time constraints I limited it to mulch, the plum trees, and the grasses. The grasses add color and help hide the fence a bit, but they don't fully grow until mid-summer and fall over after a heavy rain.
I plan on pressure washing and staining the rest of the fence the same color...the previous plants were in the way last summer. Same with the retaining wall...it looks brand new after washing, but I have to do it each year. The tiki bar and fence are cedar.

I'm looking to keep the pool/tiki bar theme going so any fun ideas are welcome! The platform for the hot tub was a quick project and I thought about replacing the grass with patio stone and creating a step up to hide the ledger.

I'm in Western Pennsylvania.
Thank you in advance!

Comment