SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcimato

Lost My Fur Baby

denali2007
7 years ago

I am heartbroken and I know that many of you here can relate. My little girl Mackenzie crossed over the Rainbow Bridge last week. We rescued her in 2003 and the vet believed her to be about 2-3 years old at the time. She had some high liver levels and was experiencing diarrhea issues. Took her to the vet and diagnosed her with a bacterial infection. If it didn't clear in two weeks we were to bring her back for a sonogram of the liver.(and then what). By the following week she struggled to push herself up. Within 3 days I knew it was time. Horrible to watch.

I called Lap of Love to have her euthanized in our home. I can't tell you what a wonderful beautiful experience this was. The vet was just 4 years out of vet school, a sweet compassionate and caring girl. She let me take the lead of how things went. I never felt rushed. She told me I was the only appointment and would stay all day if I needed her. She first gave her pain medication then euthanized her keeping her stethoscope on Mackenzie She let me know when she had crossed. Finally she wrapped her just like a baby in a big fluffy blanket that said with Dignity on it.Then she carried her to her car (just like a baby) and told us that she was taking her home with her and she would come back home to us in about 10 days. I asked the vet to do one last thing. There is a county park near us where we walked Mackenzie every day. We drove over there and sat in the park one last time. Yesterday, her remains came. I walked her through the park and we met up with some of her dog friends. We all cried together.

If your fur baby is nearing the end please consider Lap of Love. You won't regret it.

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz