SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindabarbara_gw

My heart is so broken...I lost my baby Twinkie yesterday.

lindabarbara
15 years ago

I just feel the need to emote. I had a gorgeous, female, white and pearl grey Persian cat named Twinkie. I was talking to her as I always did congratulating her that she would soon be 18 years old on March 2nd. I know we all love our pets and feel that ours is special and that's how I felt about my beloved Twinkie; I swear she would speak to me. She greeted me each morning, followed me around the house staying right by my feet. I could look into her face and talk to her and I swear she knew what I was saying...I truly loved her.

In all the time I had her, she was extremely healthy, it's only been the last few months that she started to decline. Ultimately her kidneys gave out, she wasn't eating and didn't drink a thing on Friday. She died in the vet's office yesterday afternoon.

I feel totally lost and I can't stop crying. My house seems so empty and I see her everywhere. I have had pets previously, but I never had the connection I had with this beautiful cat. I know we're all different, but can you share with me how long it takes to get over this heartbreak? I know I will never ever forget her, but this is so devastating I can't stop crying.

Thanks for listening and for sharing. I always read and post on the home decorating forum and thought I would take a look on this forum just to find some consolation and lessons on how to deal with her death.

Comments (14)