SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunk_gw

They flew into my yard and my heart

bunk
11 years ago

Hello Everyone

I just signed up and this is my first message.

I'am a animal lover by nature but I didn't set out to be a keeper of the blue birds. I had this bird house in my garage for the longest time so i decided to mount it to a half dead tree in my yard ( 2 years now ) had no birds.

I happen to talk to my nieghbor one day and he said there used to be a few blue birds around but the sparrows seem to take over. So I got on the net and found the Sialis site and o boy what i learned about the sparrow made me angry. All i can say is that the sparrows that enter my yard (ENTER VERY CAREFULLY) I recently (2 weeks ago) mounted the bird house to a pole and put it in the center of my yard. A pair of blue birds showed up the next day. (Harry & Sally) The first time in my life i had ever seen a blue bird. I couldn't believe it! Maybe they have always been around and i just never noticed them. I like to think that they found me.( that's my story and i'm sticking with it) From what I have been reading it seems that the couple are roosting. I'm going to check the box this weekend to make sure it's empty. I build a very nice blue bird box with all the safe guards including a night watchmen ha ha. I'am also in the process of building a heated roosting box and hoping i can protect more birds this winter. I need advice ....would it be wise for me to remove the present box that they are in and replace it with the new one or should i wait until winter and hope they go to the heated R box then replace the bird house in the center yard with the new BB house. These birds have become my little buddies and I don't want them harmed in anyway.

......Thank you so much for letting me give you a verbal root cannel. Bunk

Comments (5)