SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hhk3129hhk3129

Uneven kitchen counter overhang

H K
7 years ago

Hi, thanks in advance for reading this and for any opinions you can offer! So, basically there is something uneven in my new kitchen cabinets/countertops. There should be 1.5 inch overhang all the way around the kitchen, but in one section, the overhang goes so crooked that the counter is even with the drawers! I am so upset. It looks so terrible and not at all professional, and cost us so much money. It is especially obvious when you open the wide drawer in the middle of this section (see pic- the overhang tapers away from left to right!) The fabricators came to template so I don't understand how this could happen?? To me, it looks like the cabinet faces are uneven, so maybe this is the contractors fault?? But wouldn't that be noticed during templating? I am planning to call my contractor tomorrow but am just so upset and looking for reassurance this can and should be fixed? I am also worried about the potential for damaging the cabinets or quartz when it's removed? And since there is a seam, will they be able to break it and get it back to as perfect as it was? What an expensive nightmare. Thanks for your thoughts!!

Comments (5)