SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulsu

Self watering glasses! Dollar tree special. :D

joyfulsu
7 years ago

I have to say THANK YOU to all you wonderful people! I've been having so much fun reading posts and getting inspired again! I can't believe I've waited this long to start babying my violets again. I hope they appreciate the time I've given them. Ha! :D

I have been on a quest for some kind of smaller glass reservoir for my 4" potted African violets. I finally found some at dollar tree. :D I didn't want huge reservoirs, because my shelves don't have as much space between them, And adding height to the pots would make it cramped.

So on the top shelf are my 4" pots... In Libbey tumblers. :)

Second shelf are my 3" pots in wide mouth pint jars. I'm wondering... Are some of those 4" pots too much?? Like should I be putting some of those plants in 3" pots instead of 4"? These are all standards, but I have my mature plants in the 4" pots and the 3" ones are just young plants. I tend to run my pots too big, cause they dry out so fast in smaller pots... But now that they are on reservoirs, I'm not sure what to think. :P

yes I've had violets for only 3 years... I'm still a newby!

And on the bottom shelf are the rest of my minis... Not on wicks yet. I ran out of half pint jars. :P you can see my leaf/baby humidity chamber on the middle shelf then.

And here's my kitchen ones... All self watering. Scuse the hanging pots in the foreground. :P

Please!!! Let me know if I'm missing something!! :D I need your feedback. :)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz