SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bourbonlady

Glass Ornament & Entry trees are up!

bourbonlady
15 years ago

I'm still scared that you all are going to get tired of me!!!! LOL

This is the dining room tree and my second oldest tree. It's a 9' slim and the actual tree stays up year 'round.....it's a weird corner that needs something to anchor it, so it gets orange lights, fall leaves, etc. for Halloween, Easter decorations for Easter and then general florals for the remainder of the year.

Mom gives me a couple Radtkos each year, so I'm building up a decent collection, otherwise there are a few nice German glass ornaments I've picked up on sale here and there, several that I've picked up from dollar stores, Walmart etc. I do have 12 Fitz & Floyd ornaments on there that I bought at Sam's about 4 years ago. The rest are just jewel toned plastic and glitter ornaments for fillers.

This is the entry tree and it has received a major overhaul the last couple of years. Before it was on a shorter "corner" tree that just never looked right. So last year, when my 14-year-old daughter informed me that she was too old for her tree (sniff sniff....it was sooo pretty with all the pinks, antique styled, jewels and florals....now I have no where for it to go), she got a new lime green tree and I switched out the ugly corner tree for this one.

Basically, undressed, it's a scrawny, ugly, almost mangy looking thing.....but....it WAS the very first Christmas tree that my husband and I bought 18 years ago (shutter at that thought) for only $30. Eewww, I can still close my eyes and see our first attempt at decorating that poor thing....blech! It then housed the glass ornaments after we got our current "Big" tree, became my daughter's tree and is now in it's new home.....the entry!

For this one, all the ornaments come off each year and the tree is stored with the lights and garland left on, moved into place and then decorated.

Don't look at the rest of the room! I'm not done decorating and I don't even have my garland tacked down! I don't even have the tree skirt out yet.....but it's up!!!!

Hope you all enjoy, and I'll try to get some close-ups tonight of everything.....I finished a couple of the small trees last night that I'm really excited about!

Alex

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions