SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lia_sc

Teapot ornaments with glass ball and polyclay

Lia_SC
21 years ago

Got a question about this as seen on Carol Duvall (one of the holiday workshops) but it was just a featured ornament, they didn't explain the how-to's. Does it ring a bell for anyone?

I typed this up last night and the computer ate it. :-(

Sorry "V"!

So... let me try to describe it: You start with a clear glass ball Christmas tree ornament and make a teapot out of it by making a the handle and spout from snakes of clay. Then you put a disc on bottom and another circle of clay on top around that protrusion thingy :-D where the ornament hanger goes. Then bake. Then paint.

The question is: how to keep the handle and spout from sagging as they bake. Would a nest made of polyester fiber fill be a good way to support it?

Also: how to paint it? I saw a picture and they looked sooooo smooth. As if they were spray painted. But aren't the spray products bad with polymer clay? How else would you paint the glass ball?

I saw a pic and they are really, really cute (I can just see Mary Engelbreit-style designs painted on, or maybe cane slices on the sides)! "V" wants to make them as favors for a club Christmas party. If you have any ideas, please help us out here, 'cause now I want to try them, too! :-D

Comments (4)

Sponsored