SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

June Luncheon Tablescape with Gabriel Pasadena Pottery

jeannespines
13 years ago

Since gardening fills my days in June (along with other fun things), I wanted to share my June luncheon t'scape with my newest (old) Gabriel Pasadena pottery purchase that I saw at a GS & went back the next day (yesterday) & bought for $35 (got 18 pcs). Here's a place for you, please join me:

Want a cup of coffee or tea? Here's 14" oblong platter & teapot from buffet..don't ya just love the earthy colors:

I'll sit here ... this is my Mom's silverware from the late 50's, Meadowbrook, Wm A Rogers A1 Plus & the linen napkins I bought at a TS...the placemats I bought a couple mos ago on clearance at Pier I...now I will need 4 more!

I'll serve sandwiches on this large 18" platter (around this Southern Belle cookie jar which I took from my spare bedroom...it holds doilies)...and the 9" bowl will be filled with fruit salad along with strawberries encircling on the 13" platter beneath it:

Here's all the serving pcs...3 platters & a bowl:

Ahhh, here's a close-up of that So. Belle ... and fresh flowers from my gardens ...doesn't her colors just go so well with the Gabriel platter:

Well, thanks for joining me ... I fell in love with these pottery dishes & then after purchasing the next day, I Googled to see if I could find any history on them. I was pleasantly surprised to find they were made somewhere between 1946 and 1962. So now I don't feel so bad about my lack of cupboard space! They'll probably be on display & used frequently! Jeanne S.

Comments (12)

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Jeanne, What a find! I love them. That So Bell cookie jar is so sweet. I love old traditional things. One year at Christmas, I was going through some health problems and just couldn't get in the mood to decorate. My DIL told me she had found something she just knew would get me in the spirit, she was mailing me a package from Germany. I had visions of German blown glass ornaments, but to my surprise it was a cookie jar--Santa driving a purple volkswagon. I love it and the gks enjoy it, but Santa in a bug???Enjoy your tea tonight, tomorrow is gardening day here. Janet

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, it's a good thing I don't live close or I'd be right over. Love your new dishes. Your moms siver looks great and Belle looks so happy to be joining you for tea.

You are so good at setting tables and always have such unique dishes. Pretty flowers to add that finishing touch. Enjoyed your narration with all your pictures on this post. Great job again.

Don't work to hard outside. But be sure and share pictures with us.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Ahhh, Jeanne, I am SO THERE in spirit. May I have a cup of tea please. Such a lovely setting.

I'll be happy to sit in your fantastic garden and keep you company while you work too. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm sure glad the dishes were still there when you went back. They are really nice. The southern belle cookie jar is just the right touch for the table. Out of all the dishes and glassware I have, I don't have one single cookie jar. I don't think I'm going to start with them, they take up too much room. I love the soft greens all together they even match the wallpaper, and I'm a wallpaper kinda girl. Thanks for sharing.
    Frou

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Jeanne,

You don't let any grass grow under your feet! I never get a great inspiration that quickly after I buy things. Love the table, so serene, with that Asian feel. What an inspiration to put the Southern belle there, too.

That pottery is so pretty and versatile, I have a feeling we'll see a lot of different tablescapes with it.

- Magpie

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, holiday-ers!

magpie...I started that t'scape in the morn as I was headed out to weed gardens...not caught up yet...since a couple wks of "slowdown" time...but, anyway, whenever I came back in the house, I looked in the buffet to try diff placemats, napkins, etc....and then I'd go out & work...back in & the dishes were calling me! So I scronged around the house...had some candles first, but then I thought, fresh flowers, but what would look good? Anyway, was lots of fun...but I was thinkin' it all day long! LOL! Addiction, this is another addiction, I'm telling ya!

frou...that's the only cookie jar I own (storage reasons) & I bought her because my spare room is "Gone with the Wind"...

Ahhhh, purplemonn, I FELT your presence! Thank you!

punk...thank you for your sweet comments...& for visiting with me in spirit, too!

janet...what a wonderful uplifting gift from your DIL...good to appreciate those moments when you need a lift...a santa driving a purple VW...LOL! Thanks!

More gardening days ahead...rainy last night & today...will enjoy tomorrow! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I'm late getting to the table--but have to say those dishes are going to be wonderful for so many seasons and holidays. Your teapot and southern belle are perfect with them--I so love the expression on the belle's face. I can see some strawberries on them now--and maybe watermelon later in the summer! Yum! So neat you have your Mom's silverware, and you found some neat placemats too. At least your tablescape gave you something fun to do while you straightened and rested your back a bit today. Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Jeanne...lovely pottery set and at a great price too
    I swear that sometimes I've got a 'split personality'...there are times I just love 'over the top frou frou' things...but then I just can't resist the lines, feel and look of 'Simplicity'. That's what I like
    about your set. It's such a pleasing look. I think you'll get lots of mileage from this set and can see it paired with so many other styles too.
    I think the 'So Belle', makes a perfect statement for this setting...she's lovely and so different.
    Thanks for the invite...it was very pleasant sitting at your table..TFS

jane

• peaceinhim
    13 years ago

I can see why you love this pottery! The arrangement is lovely. What time is tea? Susan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jane said "I swear that sometimes I've got a 'split personality'...there are times I just love 'over the top frou frou' things...but then I just can't resist the lines, feel and look of 'Simplicity'."...
    I think a lot of us might be this way. And I also think that is a great way to be! No one should feel tied to just one look, it would get too boring. I'm a more is better person most of the time, but how can you not love a simple setting as lovely as Jeanne's? I can't begin to count the ways this Forum has broadened my interests and made me love things that I NEVER thought I would. There are so many styles and looks that I find really appealing! Even if I never actually do some, I can still love them in others homes and enjoy them tremendously.

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

She is lovely, J! And so is your table...
    Happy gardening. I have had my sis from TX and her dh here for 4 days, so I am behind in the graden..never ending..

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Those dishes are wonderful, but Belle is surely the "Belle of the ball"!! She is beautiful!
    Thanks for posting.
    J

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions