SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_goyetche

Noxious Harmful Fumes from new gas oven, Feb 2017

Laurie Goyetche
7 years ago

We just purchased a GE Profile gas oven and without any warning or information we were gagged out by the fumes it spewed during the first time I baked in the oven. The fumes polluted our lungs, our bodies, and my home. I am working with the Attorney General's Office of the State of Ohio with the intention to put a stop to manufacturer's being allowed sell these appliances without doing the burn-off process in their factories instead of consumers having to be exposed to this toxic smell. I am seeking to learn the chemical composition of these fumes. I developed a headache immediately upon igniting the oven, the headache lasted 3 days. I am most concerned that my 5 month old grandson was in the house and subjected to this pollution. Had GE given warning about the burn off I certainly would not have invited my family over and cooked in it for the first time with them here. Having read several posts on this site, I am even more determined to fight this with the help of the Attorney General's Office and beyond if I must. I welcome your comments and support. Laurie G.

Comments (14)