SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Can we talk wedding cake?

jojoco
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello to my virtual bridesmaids! My fiancé and I have been very busy planning our wedding, and I can confidently say we are in the homestretch. So now we're thinking about the wedding cake. We've been across the board on this one. I just discovered painted (watercolor) wedding cakes that I really love, but wonder if others will agree. My fiancé says to get whatever makes me happy. I'm 99% there, but I would love to hear what you all think. (as a sidenote, my heart was set on peonies for my wedding, but even though I could have them flown in, (from Alaska) there's no guarantee of decent quality in October since they are a field bush and have to be grown outside.) so putting them on a cake was my way of still enjoying my favorite flower. And yes, I know it's a fall wedding, but it's indoors in an old inn and I pretty much hate Astors. And mums. The flowers on the tables and in my bouquet will be variations of cabbage type roses in peaches pinks and whites. And white hydrangea.

The pictures below are ideas for the cake decorator (who is also a very talented watercolor artist) to consider. The cake will be three tiers and the flowers will be painted on gracefully and without crowding. I would also incorporate a hummingbird or two since I love birds.) One thing that is giving me pause is the cake will be covered in fondant which I know can be less then palette pleasing. However, there will also be a table of assorted mini pastries. The cake itself would be a white cake with raspberry mousse filling.

Inspiration photo (hate topper, though)

Floral pictures to work from:

Thanks!

jo

Comments (59)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022