SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawaps_gw

Help me pick bedroom paint color

cawaps
7 years ago

I've been mulling this question for literally years and haven't even managed to choose a general direction to go in for my bedroom paint color. Last year I bought new curtains and a quilt for my bedroom (pics below). The quilt is reversible teal/citron, and the drapes are greige with a blue and citron pattern. The blue of the curtains doesn't really match the teal of the quilt, which isn't a big deal except it throws a monkey wrench into choosing a blue paint color, when a blue would otherwise probably be my top choice.

The windows face northeast. The curtains are always closed because my neighbor is only 10 feet away and they have a clear view down into my room (plus they keep wacky hours and turn their lights on a 4 in the morning). So, really, no natural light to speak of.

Trim and ceiling are Behr Swiss Coffee. Bed and side table are black or nearly so. I have a white shelf unit I intend to get rid of eventually.

So I'm waffling between trying to find a blue that works, going with a mid-tone or dark greige, or a yellow green (a combination that makes me happy but I think is probably too energetic for a bedroom).

So here are some mock-ups of these general direction (specific paint selection with samples and all that will come after I've narrowed my options down from the entire color spectrum to something more manageable).

Greige (probably something dark like this, but I've looked at lighter as well, like a chocolate milk color):

Teal (I'd prefer a bluer blue but would have to replace the quilt. Which I could do...):

Now before y'all go "Gahhhh!!!! My eyes! My eyes!" and hurt my feelings, I just want to say that my kitchen has been very close to this color for the past 6 years and I love it. Every time I look at this color combination, I smile, and I think it is my favorite of the 3 directions. My concerns aren't that I won't like it, or will get tired of it. My concern, as I said, it just that it is too energetic for a room where I hope to sleep.

Comments (26)