SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
upfixer

Replacement Counter Depth Fridge

upfixer
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Have had frigidaire professional counter depth fridge (FPBG2277RF) about 10 days and am returning. Door alarm has never worked ( that part of control panel won't work at all), base trim is uneven we think because doors are not seated evenly, the fridge slopes back a ridiculous amount, so there's a variance of 2" from top to bottom of visible side of main fridge body. Its impossible to level fridge and doors. Techs have come and have agreed there's something wrong. I'm frustrated that I paid extra for a look and it looks terrible. Also it's freezing food at the front of the fridge at recommended temp. I'm disappointed because I love the smudge proof finish and the handles blend well with my new KA appliances (which have been terrific). Also it has great lighting, lots of room with no interior control panel, and great door storage. I can fit 3 gallons milk, 3 half gallon glass pitchers, half gal half and half + more in the door. I love not having all that big stuff in the main cavity of the fridge.

I'm trying to figure out what to trade in for at Lowes or Home Depot. The KA KRFC302ESS does not have great reviews and I dislike the flip up lid on deli drawer (had problems with that in last fridge). My mom think I should upgrade to the 42" KA KBFN502ESS and it looks great (love the split deli drawer and ice drawer) but I don't know that the extra 2 cu ft is worth the extra $5k and the hassle of changing cabinets (though cabinets are currently being finished so it would be a good time for the change.

We have a full size fridge in MIL apt that is usually empty so have room for overflow fridge items there, also have 2 large and 1 small chest freezer in garage. Also have an ice maker in our garage so we won't be using fridge ice maker and definitely don't want an external ice dispenser.

Things I want:

- tubular style handles to blend with KA

- counter depth

- gallon door storage

- no external ice maker

-more fridge than freezer space

- would prefer an anti smudge SS finish

Any recommendations?

Comments (4)