SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20103024

Miele 1213 washer - replace? repair? Nothing like it on the market!

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

In 2005 I bought a Miele 1213 washer. It was so expensive. I also had to pay an electrician to run the 240v outlet. It was so worth every single penny. Unbelievable cleaning ability, is gentle to my clothes, and the temps get as high as 203 F (95 C) on Sanitize setting. The "Very Hot" setting is 167F, and the "Hot" setting is 140F.

But the ball bearings are wearing out. I had a Miele technician look at them because they were making a groaning noise. He said he could not repair them; I would have to send the machine to Miele in New Jersey to repair. I am in southern Wisconsin. He advised that the expense would be high and that I should just buy a new machine. (in the meanwhile, he greased the ball bearings so I could use the machine, but he said it was just a matter of time before they were metal-on-metal again.)

As far as I know, no washing machines are made today that can get close to the water-heating capabilities of my Miele 1213. And even though I only use the Sanitize setting a few times a year, I do use the Hot and Very Hot settings frequently. Also, the machine simply washes everything so well.

So, do I go to the expense and trouble of sending it to NJ to repair, or is there something on the market that will make me as happy as my beloved Miele 1213?

Comments (5)