SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heruga

Weird behavior on citrus

My satsuma that I potted up in december 2016 has already grown a foot taller. It has been indoors all these past 4 months with only dappled sunlight from the blinds. I have never fertilized it yet. And its already grown a foot? With no fertilizer, no full sun, not planted in ground. Is that normal? Or is there something bad going on here

Oddly enough, my yuzu has not shown any signs of new growth yet despite being potted on the same day as my satsuma and it being right next to satsuma and receiving the same amount of light. I plan to fertilize it in a couple weeks

And then my sudachi, my oldest citrus(about 7 years), is the only one flowering now(only 3-4 flowers coming out) and also having a lot of new growth as well even though it is barely getting any light. I just repotted it last week due to heavy fungus gnat infestation and I put it downstairs away from my satsuma and yuzu. It is getting western sun exposure but only getting dappled sun from the window. Last year it flowered in May but this year its already starting flower. Which means it probably won't produce fruit this year.. :(

Comments (11)