SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugfruit

behavior changes and weirded out

ladybugfruit
12 years ago

I posted earlier this week about my Ridgeback going suddenly partically lame. We went to the vet and she determined that it was most likely the knee. Without xrays we don't know for sure. A (12) her age we decided to put off xrays for the moment since it requires sedation. She already has a sensitive system. We have upped the pain meds and added some anti inflammatories (SOD ES, neutroceutical that has worked well for her in the past, not hard on liver), and rest.

She is still having a hard time getting up, but getting around a little better than a few days ago. However, she has been wanting to go outside ALOT (she's an indoor dog) and just sleeps under the bush outside. Now, I realize the ground is cool and that may be what she is after, but it is so not like her to do this. She's been outside for over an hour now, something she NEVER does. When we rescued her at approx 1 year old, we found her outside and she had been on her own for at least a week if not longer. So, she's always loved laying outside, just not like this.

I am kinda freaked about it, but trying to keep a calm energy since I know how they pick up on stuff.

GAH! :(

Comments (6)