SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
professorkens

Help with curbless shower and overall bathroom remodel

I'm a handyman contractor with a fair bit of experience remodeling bathrooms. At my wife's insistence I have embarked on a remodel of my own master bath. The current sticking point for me is the installation of a "curbless" shower and whether or not I want to make the bathroom "wet".

Some details:

Due to a previous owner's adding a wall in front of the existing wall in the room adjacent to our bath I've been able to expand the bathroom to 71"x109".

Because I wanted to change the overall arrangement of toilet, sink, shower I've already removed the concrete slab (sorry, it's a single story mid-70s build). I've also already relocated the drains for the toilet, and have stubbed the drain for the shower.

I'm in the process of re-wiring, re-framing, etc. but anticipate pouring the new slab, or at least half of it, this coming weekend.

The new shower will have interior dimensions of approximately 70" x 47". I'm planning on putting the shower control valve on the short wall away from the bathroom door with a glass wall extending from the wet wall out approximately 35".

My question is how to pour the new slab so that I can accommodate having neither a curb at the entry to the shower nor a curb at the entry to the bathroom. I'm trying to work out all the details but since this is my first curbless shower and I've found the posts on this site to be useful I figured I'd open the door for input on best practices, etc.

I'll post some drawings of the floor plan as soon as I have them in a digital format.

Comments (4)