SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_26461266

Quote Etiquette

User
7 years ago

Hello,

This query could be in any forum since it is really related to quotes and etiquette in general. But I thought I would post here since the work being done is electrical.

I am having some work done in my home (upgrading lighting with low voltage track in family room along with some other stuff). I sought quotes from three people. I received all three names from a high-end lighting shop. The first guy took notes on a back of a message pad and in the end when I asked about insurance/license, he got sheepish. Turns out he doesn't have either. That finished that.

The other two were prepared to take notes, measurements and offer suggestions. I liked both. They sent me detailed professional quotes within 3 days. I sent a note to each thanking them. I can only choose one and here is my question.

What is the best way to let someone know that I have chosen another pro to do the job? Should I even bother? Both were kind enough to spend an hour in my home going over everything and just ignoring the one I am not going to choose seems wrong.

Etiquette advice on turning down a quote is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (8)