SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewels_ks

I experienced the most excruciating pain ever!

jewels_ks
7 years ago

For about the last week I have had a pain in my lower back to my glut, but it didn't really bug me much. I just figured I had done something at the gym. Yesterday I woke up and I was in pain and it felt like my sciatica was hurting on my right side. I've had a few episodes on my left, but never on my right. I couldn't do anything that involved flexing my leg, such as putting on shoes and socks or driving without cringing. I ran a couple of errands and called my daughter's chiropractor and got an appt for 3:00. I figured I would go to the park for a walk since nothing else was comfortable. Well I only made it for one mile and had to give up. I went to the chiropractor and he said he was going to see if it was my sciatica or my Piriformis muscle. He did a couple of things to my right leg and determined my Piriformis muscle was knotted up and hitting a nerve. He rubbed my glut area, ran a massage machine over it and then I had 10 minutes of stimulation. He told me it was going to get worse, before it got better and boy we he right. I was in the worst pain I have ever been in. My dh and dd were both gone so I texted a gf and she came over. I prayed, cried, moaned, groaned and finally took two pain pills that my dd had from her knee surgery. I slept pretty fitfully last night, but woke up feeling about 75% better. I took a Jacuzzi bath today and had the jet hit my muscle and I've also done some stretches the chiropractor gave me to do. I go back and see him tomorrow. Last night the pain was so bad that I considered going to the emergency room, but I knew it was going to get better, I just didn't know it would take so long.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor