SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weslsew

Weeds taking over St Augustine again

weslsew
7 years ago

Moved to a new house in the middle of last summer with severely neglected St Augustine/weed mixed yard. I applied image with atrazine I believe in November. It knocked out almost all the weeds and left the grass green. Within a few weeks after the weeds died, I had new weeds coming up, so I tried some light spot treatment with the image and it turned my grass yellow and then killed it.

Now, I have weeds coming back in full force. My front lawn is getting overrun with Carolina geranium, and my back yard is seeing dichondra, clover, several other weeds I can't identify, and my yellow nutsedge is starting to come back (back yard was about 50% yellow nutsedge).

Has enough time passed where I can apply image with atrazine again? Should I try just plain atrazine? When should I apply? My St Augustine hasn't started growing yet. I just sent off a soil sample to Logan labs Friday, so I'll post the results soon. I haven't watered since December 1, but my lawn has still been pretty damp due to rain and poor drainage.

Comments (3)