SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

The Co-ed baby shower was a hit!

neetsiepie
7 years ago

There were some hiccups-I'd reserved a pizza place that has laser tag-it was requested by the FTB. I reserved the location 6 weeks in advance, and 2 weeks ago I called to reconfirm and see if there was a chance for a discount on the pizzas as there were 40 confirmed on the RSVPs and we were also providing beverages (adult and soda) and rounds of laser tag. Well, good thing I called as the place had lost my reservation and would not accomodate us.

I ended up calling their competitors (who I think have far better food anyway) and they graciously reserved table space for us.

DD who was hosting the shower, and I came up with a travel/explore theme and we decorated the tables with maps, I used an old globe and wrote things on it like "Run, dream, explore", "Oh the Places You'll Go" "Oh the Things That You'll Do", etc. It was adorable (well, as adorable as you can make a pizza place look!). Even the manager of the pizza parlor commented on the decorations and said staff enjoyed seeing the party commence.

DD did a great job of games that were a hit-all the men at the shower participated and then commented that it was really fun-they'd never been to a baby shower before and they liked it (except for the opening presents part-they're not too in to the oohing and ahhing). She had a baby themed word scramble, a baby bottle guzzling game and a create-a-baby from playdoh competition. THAT led to some interesting babies! And she had a beautiful canvas of a tree and had guests sign that with a word or two for the baby. And the favors were a big hit-she had gotten beer bottles and combined them in cello bags with candies and tags that said "A Baby is Brewing", and also Root Beer with tags saying "About to Pop". All were equally enjoyed. Adorable cupcakes rather than a cake-they had the most amazingly delicious frosting on them too.

Mom & Dad were literally showered with wonderful gifts and they were so grateful for the love and support they've received from friends and family. This little baby boy is so loved already.

And the best news-she is going to be induced next Saturday-the 18th. So next week at this time I'll be a Grandma!

Comments (8)