SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

How to address this end of cabinets?

This is partially a question of function and partially aesthetics. I just can't decide how to address the end of this area. Just an FYI for anyone who hasn't been following this endless reno, this is a kitchen in a guest apartment. So not used everyday. Will be used by adult visitors. Probably most meals would be for 2 people. Based on the cabinets I've put in the rest of the kitchen, I have plenty of space for cooking supplies, dishes and such. This one area would be bonus space for sure. Display, (I do have some great enamelware) maybe wine glasses and stuff for setting out snacks. I could just have nothing up on the wall portion as well.

I can't decide on what if any should be glass doors, or solid doors or open shelving. Open shelving is nice but I don't want too much as it does mean dust.

Looking at it, I think the lower door in glass may be hazardous? Although this will be an adult space.

My main concern is where I show open shelving. Someone standing in the actual kitchen wouldn't really be able to reach into the shelves so it would be a case of accessing those from the seating side. That's why I show it open on two sides. I was also thinking of hanging some wine glasses on the underside of the open shelf.

Or I could put a small bank of drawers under that last cabinet.

Comments (21)