SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

New Car!!!

Texas_Gem
7 years ago

It seems like I've seen a fair number of posts recently regarding getting a new car and I found them to be ironic as we just got a new car for hubby this week.

He had a Chevy Cobalt which worked just fine for him when we got it 7 years ago and only had 2 kids. It was a basic means of transportation to and from work but it was never a "nice" car, neither of us ever enjoyed driving it and, more importantly, since we had our youngest 4 years ago, his car wasn't capable of transporting our entire family.

So, we traded in his old car and got him a 2009 Enclave. It isn't brand new but it is still, probably the nicest car he has ever had.

We got married as dirt poor college kids both working our way through college with no help and we've come a long way. It makes me so happy to see how excited he is to have, not just a functional, reliable means of transportation but truly something he enjoys and is proud of!

It is also a relief to me to know that, should something happen to my car, it needs to be serviced etc, we still have a means of transportation. Having 4 kids really is a game changer as far as vehicles goes. I can't just rent, borrow, or rely on any old car to be able to move my family on a daily basis. It has been an underlying stress point for me and I'm glad we have taken care of it.

If you just got a new car, post a picture and show it off!!

Comments (18)