SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenscapegardensathuozz

March Citrus availability List

Hi everybody! I just wanted to share my March citrus availability
list. I will be bringing in other orders in May, June and August as well
with all sorts of great stuff on them, ranging from cinnamon to dragon
fruit, tree ferns to bromeliads and of course tons of other citrus. Anyways without further ado, here is
the list:

Seedless Lemon

Improved Meyer
Lemon

New Ze Lemonaid
Lemon

Vari Pink Eureka Lemon

Ponderosa Lemon

Kiefer Lime

Palestine sweet lime

Persian lime

Thornless Mexican lime

Autumn Gold Navel Orange tm.

Atwood Navel Orange

Beck Navel Orange

Rush Tl Navel Orange

Midnight Seedless Valencia Orange

Boukhobza Blood Orange

Bream Tarocco Blood Orange

Moro Blood Orange

Sanguinelli Blood Orange

Vaniglia Sanguigno Acidless Blood Orange

Minneola Tangelo

Eustace Limequat

Nagami Kumquat

Meiwa kumquat

Indio Mandarinquat

Frost Owari Mandarin

Honey Mandarin

Daisy Mandarin

Dancy Mandarin

Gold Nugget Mandarin tm.

Okitsu Wase Mandarin

Miho Wase Mandarin

Page Mandarin

Tahoe gold Mandarin tm.

W Murcott Mandarin

Buddha's Hand

Flame Grapefruit

Oroblanco
Grapefruit

Rio Red Grapefruit

Chandler Pummelo

Valentine Pummelo tm.

All the trees listed are 40$ except for trademarked variety's, they will be an additional 5$. I will post new adverts on kijiji and have my website up and running fairly soon, with pictures and descriptions. I will be doing preorders again this year for my March and May orders. If you see something you like please don't hesitate to contact me and if you've already sent me your wishlist then you should see an email from me soon (if you don't then please let me know).

Comments (105)

• myermike_1micha
    7 years ago

Brian!!! What the hell are you feeding your trees?????? Steroids???Just the best looking potted trees I have ever seen buddy!! You are the huge Canadian Citrus Tree whisperer with Maggy soon to follow suit!!

By the way, I booked mark this just in case you start providing to the states!!

Brian, what a bunch of beautiful pics..Thank you every time you share them with us..By the way..Are those fragrant geraniums!!?

Look at how you utilize the room in your place..Smart buddy!! Hugs to you

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Dev, A great list. Isn't is wonderful to be able to order our trees from David. I am interested in the Italian lemons as well. I have ordered the New Zealand lemon and the pink Lemonaid. Not sure where I wil put them all. Have you heard of the baboon lemon. ? I was reading about it somewhere.

Mike. I agree Brian grows huge ,beautiful trees and in a Northern climate . You grow nice ones as well.. I learned so much from you, Brian ,Cory and others here. Maggy

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

Tom, that would be incredible! I would love it and would be happy to pay any expenses you incur. I have patience...no rush! Maggy, I have a baboon lemon and love it. Now I still do not have ripe lemons, but the tree seems hardy, fast growing, and the flowers smell amazing!

• maggyby
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Laura, I would love to have one. Maybe David can get it. It orginated in Brazil I think. Oh ! I just saw pictures of your Baboon lemon from last year. Those blossoms are huge. Beautiful. Maggy

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Hello Maggy and Mikey and Dave you guy's have me blushing now thankyou . Dev fantastic list, you are going to absolutely love the Minneola Tangelo and Page fruit they become very sweet even this far north . Gold Nugget is the best of the best I've heard, I am going to pic one up to . Dev you better start the big plans for your greenhouse with all the new additions.

Mikey buddy how did you enjoy the big game last night I bet that you were very sad today poor Falcons , next year you should go for the Pat's . Lady Gaga was fantastic the commercials were very cute . So tired today we went to bed so late last night bed early tonight. Mikey no steroids lol just lot's of love I take care of my tree's better than myself very sad lol.

Maggy I do remember somebody with big beautiful tree's full of fruit not to bad yourself may I say. Love your selection to . We are doing it again going crazy buying up everything ain't life great .

You all have a great night.

Brian

• PRO
    Greenscape Gardens
    Original Author
    7 years ago

It is a very old variety so I should be able to source budwood easily enough. I'm not sure any of my nurseries will carry it though as its production is supposedly not high. It's flavor however sounds intriguing. I will contact my nurseries and see if it can be brought in or if it is a candidate for custom grafts. I will post the list of possible grafts on here before I bring in any budwood, so the community can help narrow it down a bit :)

• devsense
    7 years ago

Harris has baboon lemon . I was planning a trip down south n take my chances with customs

I want etrog, baboon lemon , shiranui, sanbokan n giant key lime from their list . if David can source it that'll be even better.

ya Brian . the green house / sunrooms absolutely a necessity for next winter with the ever increasing collection .

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Hi Dev, I know what you mean . I have gone from 0 trees to (soon )more than my greenhouse will accommodate . I like your wish list . The balloon lemon and shiranui are on my list as well. It would be nice if David could source them. Maggy

• hobbyartisan (Saskatoon, SK Canada, 2b)
    7 years ago

I'm also on board for the baboon lemon if Dave can get it! I mentioned that one to him as well.

I'm ordering the minneola tangelo from him as well... Brian you recommended it right? I just bought some from the store and they are delicious, gorgeous and easy to peel.

I am also getting the fukushu kumquat, the eustis limequat and the castello key lime.

Dave please keep me posted on the italian lemons as well.

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

I have not read much about the productivity of the baboon lemon, but Ruth at Harris highly recommended it. As for my experience...it is a fast grower and mine (although small) already has maybe 8 small lemons on it, the largest about an inch+ in length. It is now full of blooms again, so I suspect it will add to its load soon. That tree is in my son's room and when I walk in, I can smell the frangrance from the door. I can't wait to try out a lemon...perhaps late this year or early 2018 if all goes well.

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

Hobby and David, if you can get the minneola on dwarfing rootstock, it may help. Mine is absolutely huge. It is the tallest of my trees and also wide. Mine is not on dwarfing rootstock though. I know it can be kept contained in a pot, but it may make your life easier to have it on dwarfing stock.

7 years ago

Good tips thanks Laura! Can you take a pic or so for us of the baboon and the minneola when you get a chance?

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Hey guy's I am on a quick break , Laura is so right the Minneola Tangelo is an extremely rapid grower and mine definitely is alternate on the fruit one year 50 the next yr 5. Pic taken in the fall the tree I've had now

for 3 full yrs it was a twig when I bought it . Definitely ask for a dwarf on this one . Back to work I go.

Brian

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

Beautiful tree Brian!! Hobby, I am not at home now, but will take a pic of both when I get there. It looks like a younger version of Brian's in that it has the same shape. Mine is smaller in every way - trunk, height, and width. However, I can definitely see its growth potential. I can say that is has fared very well this winter even though we recently realized it had some mites. It has barely lost any leaves, but is one of the only trees that has yet to grow inside. It seems to take breaks, but when it grows...watch out!

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

Something to note, I read that it is best to have a cross pollinator for it. I forget which types are best, but I am sure mandarins, some oranges, or clementines work. Mine has bloomed only a little bit, but has not hung on to the fruitlets. As I said, it is a young tree.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    7 years ago

Brian Your Minneola Tangelo looks fantastic. Judging from its picture I'll guess it is 30-40 feet tall Do you plan to put up a tire swing from one of its low branches.

Best of luck with your tree

6b Steve

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Hi Laura I have heard the same that they need a cross pollinator but my Minneola Tangelo always flowers and sets fruit in the winter inside the greenhouse and there are no pollinators in there for sure.

Steve thanks funny guy maybe next yr I will install a swing lol.

Brian

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Hi Hobby I really recommend the Minneola Tangelo if you have no issues so far with your other mandarins then you should not have any issues with the Minneola. Hobby just wait until you try the fruit if you think they taste great from the Grocery store you are going to be totally floored when you try your own they are so sweet very different taste .

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

Brian, I'm glad to hear that you have had no issues with pollination. Mine also set fruit, but it was outside. It did not keep them bc it is too young. Hobby, here are pics of both...

Ignore the others, but the tangelo is the tall one in the center.
    Baboon lemon is front, left. If you look carefully, you can see the fruitlets on the lower left and above.
    Up close of one set of fruitlets and flowers. It really is a lovely tree.

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Beautiful Laura definitely a Minneola Tangelo. I love the cupped leafs very large and green. Laura last yr I had maybe 5 flowers on my Tangelo very disappointing those 5 fruit are almost ready to eat now . This winter my Tangelo is flowering like crazy so looking forward to a big crop later this yr . I am trying to keep my eyes closed on the rest of your pic's I surely don't want to add on to my 3 I am ordering

Brian

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Laura. Your trees are beautiful. I have ordered a tangelo and am hoping David can get the Baboon lemons. What type of lights do you use. ? I have never used lights in the greenhouse . Hi Brian. Are you still having an ice storm.? Maggy

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Hi Maggy it's terrible here we've had between 1 and 2 inches of ice pellets yuck . I hope that your trees aren't swimming with all that rain .Maggy I see your that your adding to your list again lol . Agreed Maggy Laura's tree's are beautiful and she has so many I just don't know how she does it .

Have a great night Maggy

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

Thanks Brian and Maggy! Maggy, I use 23 watt cfls 6500k that Steve recommended to me. I buy them from Amazon. The lamps are cheap floor lamps from ikea. In a past thread we calculated that it costs me about $10 per month to run about 50 bulbs for 12 hours/day...they are very efficient and effective. The trees love them and grow towards them. Without a greenhouse, they are the best I can do. I also have some bright rooms in house which is a great help. And yes, I have way too many and thanks to Brian, I'll likely be adding at least a gold nugget to my collection ;-)

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Thank you Laura. Your set up is great. You must have a lot of lamps very efficient to run. Your trees certaintly look happy. I am going to have way too many trees too and it is all Brian's fault .Everytime I see his trees I get the urge to buy another. Maggy

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Very funny Laura lol.

Brian

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Very funny Maggy lol.

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Hi Brian. Thought that would get your attention. Lol! Maggy

7 years ago

Wow stunning Brian and Laura! Look at that cluster on the baboon lemon- amazing. Now I would be so pumped to see that! The biggest cluster I have had grow so far was only 2 meyers. Still exciting!

Dave we need that baboon lemon please! lol.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    7 years ago

I an glad that everything is going so nice for everyone. I have seen the trees available to Canadians. It is very impressive. Brian, Laura. Your trees look great.

6b Steve

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Yes David. I agree with Hobby. We doooooo need the baboon lemon please. Maggy

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    7 years ago

What is special about a baboon lemon to make it worth growing. I might be interested in one.

6b Steve

7 years ago

I think it was jinny who said the rind on hers has a really spicy unique scent? Or maybe I read that somewhere. Also the fruit is supposed to be huge!

• maggyby
    7 years ago

And it produces huge scented blossoms

• Vladimir (Zone 5b Massachusetts)
    7 years ago

I like curry and I like lemons but I don't know that I would like a curry flavored lemon.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    7 years ago

Thank you all for letting me know. I will have to talk to my wife on this one.

6b Steve

• PRO
    Greenscape Gardens
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hey everybody :) Just wanted to share a link that I just received:

https://onspecialtycrops.wordpress.com/2017/02/09/specialty-crop-content-at-the-ontario-fruit-and-vegetable-convention/

The Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Convention (OFVC) will be held February
    22 and 23, at the Scotiabank Convention Center in Niagara Falls.

Both days look like they have some really interesting information and if you're within a couple hours drive it would probably worth checking out. Might even pick up some free stuff at the trade show :o

Let me know if you're going!

Also be sure to spend some time with the specialty crops blog as I've found lots of interesting information there. :)

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

Ruth at Harris mentioned nothing about curry - although I love curry ;-). I am not sure that's the lemon Jinny was talking about although I might be wrong. I think she may have been talking about the Genoa. I can't wait to get lemons, but I can definitely tell you that the flowers are lovely.

• jinnylea
    7 years ago

Hi, my post just disappeared that I tried to send.. lol

If I remember correctly, I believe that I was referring to the Sudachi Mandarin fruit that had a bit of spice flavor from the rind and fruit. :)

My Baboon Lemon has had a few lovely blooms on it but has not set fruit yet. The leaves though, when rubbed, produce a lovely citrus scent that is strong and permeates the air. Anytime I need a scented citrus fix I go down to the basement and rub the leaves.. Although half of the leaves have dropped off over the last couple of weeks.. lol.. I wonder if it is the same as rubbing your hair till it falls off.. :D lol.. I have read that the fruit has a bit of a lime flavor mixed in. I look forward to seeing the tree set and produce some nice fruit. The fruit /rind is described as having a intense yellow color. Sounds lovely..

• jinnylea
    7 years ago

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Laura and Jinnylea. It does sound lovely. .Maggy

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Oh! What beautiful blossoms..

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

Yes Jinny. I love mine also! I think my son secretly likes having them in his room ;-). He offered to let me put a few more when he rearranged his bed (dangerous offer), but I told him the rest are set for the rest of this winter...next year will be another story ;-)

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Jinny beautiful blossom I bet it smells so good . I think I am into citrus for the blossom's it reminds me of Florida in March .

I see Laura has sold the Baboon lemon to Maggy lol , another one Maggy lol.

Brian

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

Lol Brian - I'm guilty ;-)

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Your too funny Brian. Laura May I ask how many citrus trees do you have? Maggy

• orangelime1
    7 years ago

Maggy lol you know I fail at restraint. It's so true what they say birds of a feather flock together or something like that. Laura keep going lol you will have Maggy's new sunroom filled in a week lol.

Brian

• Laura LaRosa (7b)
    7 years ago

LOL Brian and Maggy...Maggy...I am not sure. I think it must be nearing 50, but keep in mind that many are young. They will need to remain relatively small, unlike Brian's because I will not be able to get them in my house otherwise ;-). My oldest tree is about 7-8 years old and I've had him 4-5 years. Yes - they are either male or female and most have name tags with their variety and assigned name that my kids give them ;-). I even have one named after Vladimir since it's because of him mentioning the tree that I bought it. I may have to name the gold nugget after Brian...

• devsense
    7 years ago

Ya the sudachi does have an aroma of spice , i had a small fruit which when scratched had this v unusual aroma for a citrus .

Its certainly been a welcome sea change these last few years with the wide variety of citrus we are now getting.

I would have loved to make the trip for OFVC but am in Israel that week . Maybe will get some Jaffa orange seeds .

• maggyby
    7 years ago

Laura. 50 trees. Wow! I wish. Good for you .I think my husband would leave me Lol! I had 20 and I thought that was a lot. I know you love everyone one of them. How neat that your kids name them. I could never let mine gets as big as Brians either as I would not be able to move them.

Dev, the sudachi sounds interesting. Don't give me anymore ideas . Enjoy your trip to Israel. Maggy