SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Need Recommendations for Medical Alert System

LynnNM
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Not for me, but for a friend of ours. She's 89 y/o and her sister, who she's been living with since both were widowed, just passed recently and now she is living in their apartment alone. She has asked for recommendations for the best medical alert system. Cost is not a problem for her. Do you all have any recommendations for or against any? I have had absolutely no experience with them. My parents, before they passed last year, had them but they were specifically for the retirement center they lived at.

I've done some research myself this morning, and the top two seem to be (#1) Bay Alarm Medical , and (#2) Home Guardian. I haven't heard of either of them.

This lady still drives some, but infrequently, only during daytime and only to close, known places (grocery store, pharmacy, doctor, etc.). She does have a small group of close friends nearby, but all family have now passed. I think she does have a landline. She does want fall detection monitoring. And, as I mentioned, cost is not a real issue.

**edited to ask one more question: are medical alert companies nationwide or perhaps regional specific?

So, are you familiar with any medical alert systems? She's looking to DH and me to find her a good one quickly. Thank you!

Comments (9)