SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buggy1997123

Unknown disease killing my un-identified plant?

buggy1997123
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

So, long story short I've been getting into gardening and growing a few different potted plants, and a while ago I got a hydroponics kit. I plan on growing strawberries with it, but those are off-season, so I decided to use it as a grow light for a new potted plant while I wait.

I also wanted a bit of a challenge, and I didn't really care too much about growing anything that flowered or was edible, so I quite literally went outside, found a stubborn, run-over plant growing through the pavement, and tried to nurture it back to health using some root growth stimulant. I think its some kind of pine tree, but I'm not sure

Surprisingly, its been doing pretty well for a few months now. However, recently some of the needles near the base started dying, and the death is slowly moving up the branches and killing at it goes, just leaving dead leaves and a intact stem. I suspect some kind of fungus, but I'm not certain. And given I don't actually know what plant it is, researching this problem is a bit difficult.

Is there anyone here who can A: figure out what kind of plant this is and B: tell me what is killing it?

I've uploaded a few photos of the plant as well close-ups of the dying leaves here: http://imgur.com/a/QcH2u

Comments (10)