SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
comtessedelacouche

SinisterMinister Questions - UpdateThread

comtessedelacouche (10b S.Australia: hotdryMedclimate)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

MONDAY UPDATE: These are the questions currently open:-

Q. What do you call..

#68 ... a jewish deli pamphlet (2,2) - Annie

#72 .... transportation for a sandwich garnish (2,3)- Annie

#74...a happy fighting squad (2,4) - Moonie

#75... a tree friend (2,3) - Moonie

#78...what Mr Trump believes he had at his inauguration? (2,2) - Comtesse

#79...a British politician with blood on his hands? (2,2) - Comtesse

#80...a more regretful soldier? (3,3) - Comtesse

#81...a deep-thinking 4-legged friend? (2,1) - Comtesse

#82...a philosophical farm animal? (1,1) - Comtesse

ALL NEW PLAYERS WELCOME! Please post all guesses, comments and questions on the other SinisterMinister thread. You'll also find general discussion there, and sometimes extra clues from the setters. Rules of the game are at the top of this thread. Please ask if there's anything you're unsure of. Happy rhyming! :-)

Comments (106)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

THURSDAY UPDATE: These are the questions currently open:

#372 ... the limit for a car brand (3,2) - annie

#379... this hand-held tool appropriately in place (2,1) - Annie

#382....a displeased or sad fiancee (3, 4) - jasdip

**393 ...a greedy little shrimp? (2,2) -chibimimi

#397 ... the new AA member can do this? (3,1) - Annie

#399 ...a housework queen? (3,3) - Comtesse

#412 ... what you feel when you let your kids have junk food for dinner? (3,3) -chibimimi

#413 ... when you decide to go on a long walk, even though the weather looks iffy? (2,2) -chibimimi

#414 ... something to keep the cartographer warm? (3,4) -chibimimi

~416 (and this is another one I probably shouldn't post) ... a fowl-marsupial hybrid cowboy? (3,3) -chibimimi)

~417 ...a split in the belief of a political group that had to do with withdrawing support for the Church of England (12,2) - Annie SOLVED Antidisestablishmentarianism schism

#418...the Wright Bros' first airplane (4,3) - Annie

#419...the center of a flower (4,2) - Annie

**420 ... the person in charge of a reptile breeding program? (2,2) -chibimimi

ALL NEW PLAYERS WELCOME! Please post all guesses, comments and questions on the other SinisterMinister thread. You'll also find general discussion there, and sometimes extra clues from the setters.

NOTE:

** clues are ones the author considers easier

~ clues use difficult or unusual vocabulary words

Happy rhyming! :-)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

FRIDAY UPDATE: These are the questions currently open:

372 ... the limit for a car brand (3,2) - annie SOLVED Toyota quota

#379... this hand-held tool appropriately in place (2,1) - Annie SOLVED workbench wrench

#382....a displeased or sad fiancee (3, 4) - jasdip SOLVED engagement disappointment

#412 ... what you feel when you let your kids have junk food for dinner? (3,3) -chibimimi

#413 ... when you decide to go on a long walk, even though the weather looks iffy? (2,2) -chibimimi SOLVED ramble gamble

~416 (and this is another one I probably shouldn't post) ... a fowl-marsupial hybrid cowboy? (3,3) -chibimimi)

421...nonacidic grape drink (3,1) - Annie SOLVED alkaline wine

#422...anniversary of someone born at noon (2,2) - Annie [just because today is mine!] SOLVED midday birthday

#423...clutch that flower tight! (2,1) - Annie

#424...rodent in that meat-lover's restaurant (2,1) - Annie SOLVED steakhouse mouse

**425...il Duce's favorite cocktail (4,3) - Annie

ALL NEW PLAYERS WELCOME! Please post all guesses, comments and questions on the other SinisterMinister thread. You'll also find general discussion there, and sometimes extra clues from the setters.

NOTE:

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Feb. Thread for Best Gift Robin 2006

Q

Comments (108)
    Good Morning Good Afternoon and if I don't see ya later Good Night I have nasy nasty weather and the day off WHOO HOO gonna try to run out in between showers to get s few things potted. The Jasmine tea last night was great and very relaxing that paired with a good painkiller and I woke up on the couch this morning still in the sitting position...LOL Oh I was also tired from working all day I used the massager/File last night works great on fingernails too. There are so many great gifts bring sent how in the world will we choose a winner?? maybe a message with all photos in it with a number?? How are you gonna chose? V
    ...See More

Sorry....KB965515 Update thread again...

Q

Comments (26)
    I had my computer in the shop for another reason and asked the tech if he would install that update for me. He said, "Yes, no problem." I went to pick up my computer and asked him if he had installed it and he said yes. I asked him "how" he had done it and he said he just downloaded it and installed it. I told him "I" had done that but it would just come back. He said, "It didn't come back." I said, "Are you sure."....."Yes", says he. So..I ask him if he will check it out for sure before I cart the thing home. He gives a loud *sigh* and says he will show me, but that he installed it. So...he hooks it up...turns it on...goes to updates and says, "It's back...." I told him that that is what I was telling him in the first place. I told him I had an e-mail from a Microsoft tech about it but I only got so far and couldn't figure out all he was saying to do. He said, "If I had those instructions, I would do it for you." I told him he "did" have the instructions, all we had to do was open my e-mail folder. So...he does that and opens Jo jo's (tech from God knows where) instructions and starts in...finally he gives it up and says he'll show me how to hide the thing and not to worry about it........so that is sort of the end of the story...it is hidden and I never succeeded in getting it installed, and I'm not going to read any more instructions about it :o) Another tech with the last name of Wang, who said he was Jo jo's supervisor gave me more instructions...but, hey...if it's that hard the heck with it...I'll die and go to my grave without having ever gotten the thing installed...I've come to grips with that knowledge and have accepted it :o) Thank you all for your help and concern....
    ...See More

lighting question

Q

Comments (10)
    I wanted to update this thread because I am wondering if I am giving the violets I have too much light. The first two pics are two that I got from violet barn which I have had about a month. I have them under 4 bulbs 2 warm and 2 white (two separate fixtures). They are tight in the middle and don’t seem to have enough room for leaves to come in. The other thing I read that causes this is mites but the leaves don’t look deformed or abnormal in anyway. What really got me wondering is I bought two new plants from Lyndon Lyon so I could compare the plants from both companies. These are the plants in the nd photo but they have a lot of space between the leaves and the stems are a lot longer. Is this normal? I didn’t think there would be that much difference between them. I believe they are all in the same size pot which is a 2.5. At this point I am thinking of turning one light fixture off so in other words cutting the amount of light in half. I have them on for 12 hours a day which seems to be the average time others use. Since I am new to violets although I do have other plants I am trying to figure out what is normal and what is not. Any replies are greatly appreciated.
    ...See More

A question is answered

Q

Comments (27)
    To clarify and give my tin foil hat conspiracy theory. If multiple users "flag" a post, it is hidden from view but will still appear to the OP in their notifications. You can see my 2 previous posts that were flagged by other users still show up in my notifications but not on the board. However, my most recent post asking for an answer is noticeably absent. It DOES appear in my activity-posts you started Now, on to my tin foil hat conspiracy theory... Gardenweb was grandfathered in to the Houzz website. It isn't profitable for them and doesn't fit their business model, however to outright do away with these forums would cause an uproar as well as lose potential "new" users (us GW folks who they undoubtedly hoped would start using their other services) They kept the forums up for awhile, actively monitoring and moderating them but they are slowly dialing this back, allowing the ingrained tools (such as multiple users flagging causing a post to disappear) to drive us away. Have enough posts disappear because of other users flagging and eventually, YOU (the end user) just start posting less and less and this forum itself dies off; a seemingly "natural" death. Like I said, I know this sounds like a tin foil hat conspiracy but at this point, it's my best guess. I've enjoyed this forum for years and will be sad to lose these connections, even sadder to know that, while it IS Houzz' ultimate goal, it was sped up by members of the very forum I wanted to participate in and enjoy. I am still active on Reddit under the same user name if anyone wants to reach me. I will miss all of you.
    ...See More
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

SATURDAY UPDATE: These are the questions currently open:

#412 ... what you feel when you let your kids have junk food for dinner? (3,3) -chibimimi SOLVED nutrition contrition

~416 (and this is another one I probably shouldn't post) ... a fowl/marsupial-hybrid cowboy? (3,3) -chibimimi)

**426...where you learn to make blackstrap (3,2) - Annie

#427...figures how many dishes you need (3,1) - Annie

#428...utensil from this former Asian capital city (2,1) - Annie

#429...artificial insemination (3,4) - Annie

#430...bunch of supporters cheering for this fantastic creature (2,3) - Annie SOLVED dragon bandwagon

#431 What you hope to achieve with learning (4,4) - Jasdip

#432 An impersonal agreement (2,2) - Jasdip

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

SUNDAY UPDATE: These are the questions currently open:

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

MONDAY UPDATE: These are the questions currently open:

~416 (and this is another one I probably shouldn't post) ... a fowl/marsupial-hybrid cowboy? (3,3) -chibimimi)

#433 ... an agenda item at a charitable foundation meeting? (4,2) -chibimimi

#434 ... young horse out in the boondocks? (3,2) -chibimimi

#435 ... Caesar's favorite breakfast? (4,3) -chibimimi

#436 ... child dressed in a marsupial Hallowe'en costume? (3,3) -chibimimi

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

TUESDAY UPDATE: These are the questions currently open:

#414 ... something to keep the cartographer warm? (3,4) -chibimimi SOLVED Mercator's radiators

~416 (and this is another one I probably shouldn't post) ... a fowl/marsupial-hybrid cowboy? (3,3) -chibimimi) SOLVED duckaroo buckaroo

#419...the center of a flower (4,2) - Annie SOLVED pollination station

**425...il Duce's favorite cocktail (4,3) - Annie SOLVED Mussoini martini

#432 An impersonal agreement (2,2) - Jasdip SOLVED abstract contract

#434 ... young horse out in the boondocks? (3,2) -chibimimi SOLVED hillbilly filly

#435 ... Caesar's favorite breakfast? (4,3) -chibimimi

#437 ...what do you call a considerate boss? (2,3) - Jasdip

#438... who broke the coffeepot? (4,4) - moonie

#439... it's been too long since the last pigpickin'. (3,3) - moonie

#440... faculty attacker (3,3) - moonie SOLVED professor aggressor

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

WEDNESDAY UPDATE: These are the questions currently open:

**393 ...a greedy little shrimp? (2,2) -chibimimi SOLVED selfish shellfish

#397 ... the new AA member can do this? (3,1) - Annie SOLVED overcome rum

#418...the Wright Bros' first airplane (4,3) - Annie SOLVED aviation creation

**420 ... the person in charge of a reptile breeding program? (2,2) -chibimimi SOLVED gator mater

#423...clutch that flower tight! (2,1) - Annie SOLVED tulip grip

#427...figures how many dishes you need (3,1) - Annie SOLVED calculates plates

#428...utensil from this former Asian capital city (2,1) - Annie SOLVED Rangoon spoon

#431 What you hope to achieve with learning (4,4) - Jasdip SOLVED education expectation

#435 ... Caesar's favorite breakfast? (4,3) -chibimimi SOLVED imperial cereal

#438... who broke the coffeepot? (4,4) - moonie SOLVED percolator terminator

#439... it's been too long since the last pigpickin'. (3,3) - moonie SOLVED overdue barbeque

#441... searching for zero degrees. (3,3) - moonie SOLVED equator locator

#442... evidence of wedded bliss (5,5) - moonie SOLVED matrimonial testimonial

#443 ... when the rulers of pseudo-democracies discuss pros and cons? (3,2) -chibimimi

#444 ... a restriction on a cattle call? (3,3) -chibimimi SOLVED audition condition

#445...the ending of a rain shower (2,2) - jasdip

#446...a curled former band member (2,2) - jasdip#446...a curled former band member (2,2) - jasdip

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

#436 ... child dressed in a marsupial Hallowe'en costume? (3,3) -chibimimi SOLVED wallaby wannabe

#443 ... when the rulers of pseudo-democracies discuss pros and cons? (3,2) -chibimimi

#445...the ending of a rain shower (2,2) - jasdip SOLVED drizzle fizzle

#446...a curled former band member (2,2) - jasdip

#447... sick perennial (2,2) - moonie

#448... raunchy habit (2,2) - moonie

#449 ... when you love your international representative (2,4) - Annie SOLVED adore ambassador

#450 ... take a chance drinking this (2,2) - Annie SOLVED risky whiskey

#451 ... start drinking with this (2,1) - Annie

#452 ... what the highway fee collector drinks (2,2) - Annie SOLVED tollbooth vermouth

#453 ... that's a fine glass of VSOP (2,2) - Annie SOLVED dandy brandy

#454 ... drink made just for the class reunion (3,1) - Annie SOLVED alumni rye

#455 ... perhaps the monks had a nip of this one (4,2) - Annie

#456 ... only from Budweiser (2,1) - Annie SOLVED Clydesdale ale

#457 ... a fitting for a sorcerer's rowboat? (2,2) -chibimimi

#458 ... a not-too-exciting puzzle? (2,3) -chibimimi

#459 ... when you see the funny side of gossip? (2,2) -chibimimi

NOTE:

% clues that use slang or contractions like ain't or somethin'

? clues that are a pun, quip, quirky or humorous

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

#447... sick perennial (2,2) - moonie

#448... raunchy habit (2,2) - moonie

#455 ... perhaps the monks had a nip of this one (4,2) - Annie SOLVED monastery sherry

#457 ... a fitting for a sorcerer's rowboat? (2,2) -chibimimi SOLVED warlock oarlock

#458 ... a not-too-exciting puzzle? (2,3) -chibimimi

#459 ... when you see the funny side of gossip? (2,2) -chibimimi SOLVED rumor humor

#460 ... decide to skip the violent storm (2,3) - Annie

#461 ... what to drink when you decide to toast the major storm (3,2) - Annie

#462 ... when you complain about the huge storm (2,2) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

#447... sick perennial (2,2) - moonie SOLVED iris virus

#448... raunchy habit (2,2) - moonie SOLVED obscene routine

#458 ... a not-too-exciting puzzle? (2,3) -chibimimi SOLVED humdrum conundrum

#460 ... decide to skip the violent storm (2,3) - Annie SOLVED forego tornado

#461 ... what to drink when you decide to toast the major storm (3,2) - Annie SOLVED hurricane champagne

#462 ... when you complain about the huge storm (2,2) - Annie SOLVED bemoan cyclone

#463... abandoning leisure time (3,4) - moonie SOLVED vacation cancellation

#464... your penpal feels hopeless (3,4) - moonie SOLVED despondent correspondent

**465 ... sewing equipment for a bird (2,2) - Annie

#466 ... crazy tune (2,2) - Annie

**467 ... humorous hare (2,2) - Annie

#468 ... go at the wall prep with energy (2,2) - Annie

#469 ... people from here in Ohio talk a lot (2,4) - Annie

#470 ... belief in formal attire (3,2) - Annie

#471 When a word is spelled wrong on a board game. (2,2) - Jasdip

#472 A trashy post. (4,3) - Jasdip

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#451 ... start drinking with this (2,1) - Annie SOLVED begin gin

**465 ... sewing equipment for a bird (2,2) - Annie SOLVED robin's bobbins

#466 ... crazy tune (2,2) - Annie SOLVED insane refrain

**467 ... humorous hare (2,2) - Annie SOLVED funny bunny

#469 ... people from here in Ohio talk a lot (2,4) - Annie SOLVED chatty Cincinnati

#470 ... belief in formal attire (3,2) - Annie SOLVED tuxedo credo

#471 ...when a word is spelled wrong on a board game. (2,2) - Jasdip

#472 ... a trashy post. (4,3) - Jasdip

#473 ... that point where something stops working (3,3) - moonie

#474 ... ready-to-go fried dough treats? (4,2) -chibimimi

#475 ... gal who's eaten too many beans (2,2) - Annie SOLVED gassy lassie

#476 ... hairy flat-topped hill (2,1) - Annie SOLVED hirsute butte

#477 ... Fitzgerald's short books (2,3) - Annie SOLVED Ella's novellas

#478 ... quit going to see the task master at the gym (2,3) - Annie SOLVED trainer abstainer

#479 ... the runt (2,3) - Annie SOLVED lightweight littermate

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#433 ... an agenda item at a charitable foundation meeting? (4,2) -chibimimi SOLVED philanthropic topic

#471 ...when a word is spelled wrong on a board game. (2,2) - Jasdip SOLVED scrabble babble

#473 ... that point where something stops working (3,3) - moonie SOLVED malfunction conjunction

#480 ... a sitting Senator taking a nap? (3,3) -chibimimi

#481 ... fun with magnets? (4,4) -chibimimi

~482 ... the result of dwindling fertility? (4,3) -chibimimi

**483 ... a commercial songwriters' party? (2,2) -chibimimi SOLVED jingle mingle

#484 ... a sad cephalopod? (3,3) -chibimimi

#485... four-letter word frenzy (4,4) - moonie SOLVED profanity insanity

#486... a flaky roll making its first public appearance (3,2) - moonie SOLVED debutante croissant

#487 ... when a leader of industry blows his top? (2,2) -chibimimi

?488 ... what skeptics might call a voodoo stew? (4,2) -chibimimi

#489...the Alternative Minimum Tax, essentially (3,3) - Annie SOLVED deduction reduction

#490 ...a mawkish legume (4,2) - Annie SOLVED sentimental lentil

#491 ... great uncles (3,2) - Annie

#492...this relative likes her vino (2,3) - Annie SOLVED auntie's chiantis

#493 ...I'm going to really emphasize this to make sure I get the right tuna! (3,3) - Annie

#494 ... handcuffs made out of plant material (4,3) - Annie SOLVED botanical manacle

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#491 ... great uncles (3,2) - Annie SOLVED grandmother's brothers

#493 ...I'm going to really emphasize this to make sure I get the right tuna! (3,3) - Annie SOLVED underscore albacore

#495 ... a gem of a septic system (2,1) - Annie

**496 ... guess the speed (3,1) - Annie

#497 ... avoid sexual assault (2,1) - Annie

#498 ... argue about that blooming bush (2,2) - Annie

#499 ... how to transport this fantastic creature (2,2) - Annie SOLVED dragon wagon

#500 ... someone made off with the punctuation mark (2,3) - Annie

#501 A repairperson with type A personality, or OCD (4,3) - Jasdip

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

**496 ... guess the speed (3,1) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#446...a curled former band member (2,2) - jasdip SOLVED fetal beatle

#472 ... a trashy post. (4,3) - Jasdip SOLVED undignified classified

**496 ... guess the speed (3,1) - Annie SOLVED estimate rate

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#443 ... when the rulers of pseudo-democracies discuss pros and cons? (3,2) -chibimimi SOLVED potentate debate

#500 ... someone made off with the punctuation mark (2,4) - Annie

#501 ... a repairperson with type A personality, or OCD (4,3) - Jasdip

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#399 ...a housework queen? (3,3) - Comtesse SOLVED majestic domestic

#468 ... go at the wall prep with energy (2,2) - Annie SOLVED tackle spackle

#487 ... when a leader of industry blows his top? (2,2) -chibimimi SOLVED irate magnate

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

~482 ... the result of dwindling fertility? (4,3) -chibimimi SOLVED parturition attrition

#484 ... a sad cephalopod? (3,3) -chibimimi SOLVED dolorous octopus

#502... searching for a criminal in a combat zone. (3,2) - moonie

#503 ... this great river is useful for many purposes (3,1) - Annie

#504 ... dam up this European river (2,1) - Annie

#505 ... beauty parlor along this giant river (3,2) - Annie

#506 ... when this large river makes a curt remark (2,4) - Annie

#507 ... what wine one drinks while floating on this large river (2,2) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#481 ... fun with magnets? (4,4) -chibimimi SOLVED polarity hilarity

#497 ... avoid sexual assault (2,1) - Annie SOLVED escape rape

#500 ... someone made off with the punctuation mark (2,4) - Annie SOLVED stolen semicolon

#503 ... this great river is useful for many purposes (3,1) - Annie SOLVED versatile Nile

#504 ... dam up this European river (2,1) - Annie SOLVED confine Rhine

#505 ... beauty parlor along this giant river (3,2) - Annie SOLVED: Amazon salon

#506 ... when this large river makes a curt remark (2,4) - Annie SOLVED snippy Mississippi

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#495 ... a gem of a septic system (2,1) - Annie SOLVED cesspool jewel

#501 ... a repairperson with type A personality, or OCD (4,3) - Jasdip SOLVED systematic mechanic

#508 ...a wild idealist who's overly insistent on literal correctness? (3,3) - comtesse

#509 ...a seer who's unlikely to drown? (2,3) - comtesse

#510 ...when a poem has bonus verses? (2,3) - comtesse

#511...someone with a strong sense of self, who engages in esoteric spiritual practices? (7,2) (Sorry, clumsy clue - if I can improve on it, I will..) - comtesse

**512 ...a daily journal of heavy mist? (1,1) - comtesse

**513 ... to apply a grass cutting machine to white precipitation? (1,1) - comtesse

**514 ...a polite request to turn water into ice? (1,1) - comtesse

**515 ...to send icy precipitation by post? (1,1) - comtesse

**516 ...to become sodden in the rain? (1,1) - comtesse

#517 ...multifamily housing made of metal à la Brit (5,5) - Annie

#518...rehab the screen door (2,1) - Annie

#519...depressed sports figure (2,2) - Annie

**520...sly Cyrus (2,2) - Annie

**521...Berry's last acts (2,3) - Annie

**522...wasteful Taylor (2,1) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#508 ...a wild idealist who's overly insistent on literal correctness? (3,3) - comtesse

#510 ...when a poem has bonus verses? (2,3) - comtesse SOLVED stanza bonanza

#511...someone with a strong sense of self, who engages in esoteric spiritual practices? (7,2) (Sorry, clumsy clue - if I can improve on it, I will..) - comtesse

**512 ...a daily journal of heavy mist? (1,1) - comtesse

**513 ... to apply a grass cutting machine to white precipitation? (1,1) - comtesse

**514 ...a polite request to turn water into ice? (1,1) - comtesse

**515 ...to send icy precipitation by post? (1,1) - comtesse

**516 ...to become sodden in the rain? (1,1) - comtesse

#517 ...multifamily housing made of metal à la Brit (5,5) - Annie SOLVED aluminium condominium

**520...sly Cyrus (2,2) - Annie

**521...Berry's last acts (2,3) - Annie SOLVED Halle's finales

**522...wasteful Taylor (2,1) - Annie SOLVED spendthrift swift

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#498 ... argue about that blooming bush (2,2) - Annie SOLVED laurel quarrel

**512 ...a daily journal of heavy mist? (1,1) - comtesse SOLVED fog log

**513 ... to apply a grass cutting machine to white precipitation? (1,1) - comtesse SOLVED mow snow

**514 ...a polite request to turn water into ice? (1,1) - comtesse SOLVED please freeze

**515 ...to send icy precipitation by post? (1,1) - comtesse SOLVED mail hail

**516 ...to become sodden in the rain? (1,1) - comtesse SOLVED get wet

**520...sly Cyrus (2,2) - Annie SOLVED wily Miley

#523...a friendly creature (2,2) - Jasdip

#524 ... comprehend Canada's newest province (3,3) - caseynfld

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#509 ...a seer who's unlikely to drown? (2,3) - comtesse SOLVED buoyant clairvoyant

#524 ... comprehend Canada's newest province (3,3) - caseynfld SOLVED understand Newfoundland

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#518...rehab the screen door (2,1) - Annie SOLVED refresh mesh

#525...a careful pupil (2,2) - Annie

#526 ... an animal trainer (2,2) - Annie

#527 ... one who teaches at beauty school (3,3) - Annie

#528 ... school administrator from South America (3,1) - Annie

#529 ...go around the college head (3,3) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#502... searching for a criminal in a combat zone. (3,2) - moonie SOLVED battlefront manhunt

#507 ... what wine one drinks while floating on this large river (2,2) - Annie SOLVED Yangtze chablis

#525...a careful pupil (2,2) - Annie

#526 ... an animal trainer (2,2) - Annie

#527 ... one who teaches at beauty school (3,3) - Annie

#529 ...go around the college head (3,3) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#525...a careful pupil (2,2) - Annie SOLVED prudent student

#526 ... an animal trainer (2,2) - Annie SOLVED creature teacher

#527 ... one who teaches at beauty school (3,3) - Annie SOLVED hairdresser professor

#529 ...go around the college head (3,3) - Annie SOLVED circumvent president

#530... a terrific decision (3,3) - moonie

#531... a horse race on the WWW (3,3) - moonie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#528 ... school administrator from South America (3,1) - Annie SOLVED Argentine dean

#531... a horse race on the WWW (3,3) - moonie

#532 ... the devil as a sideboard? (This might actually be a ~ ... not sure how common one word is.) (1,3) -chibimimi

#533 ... a felon who uses the power of suggestion to commit his crimes? (4,3) -chibimimi

**534 ... a blanket given as atonement? (1,1) -chibimimi

**535 ... ineffectual leash for farmyard animals? (1,1) -chibimimi

**536 ,,, camping fees? (1,1) -chibimimi

#537 ... a museum guides peculiar manner of speaking? (2,2) -chibimimi

#538 ... geologic feature named for a Saint (3,2) - Annie

#539 ... water source on a geological feature (2,2) - Annie

#540 ... a geologic feature named for a female astronaut (2,2) - Annie

#541 ... a geologic feature that's never alone because of this (2,3) - Annie

#542 ... remove hair from this geologic feature (1,1) - Annie

#543 ... part of the organization in charge of this geologic feature (3,3) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#437 ... a considerate boss? (2,3) - Jasdip

#508 ...a wild idealist who's overly insistent on literal correctness? (3,3) - comtesse SOLVED pedantic romantic

#531... a horse race on the WWW (3,3) - moonie SOLVED cyberspace steeplechase

#532 ... the devil as a sideboard? (This might actually be a ~ ... not sure how common one word is.) (1,3) -chibimimi

#533 ... a felon who uses the power of suggestion to commit his crimes? (4,3) -chibimimi SOLVED subliminal criminal

**534 ... a blanket given as atonement? (1,1) -chibimimi SOLVED guilt quilt

**535 ... ineffectual leash for farmyard animals? (1,1) -chibimimi

**536 ... camping fees? (1,1) -chibimimi SOLVED tent rent

#537 ... a museum guides peculiar manner of speaking? (2,2) -chibimimi SOLVED docent accent

#539 ... water source on a geological feature (2,2) - Annie SOLVED mountain fountain

#540 ... a geologic feature named for a female astronaut (2,2) - Annie SOLVED Sally Valley

#542 ... remove hair from this geologic feature (1,1) - Annie SOLVED shave cave

#543 ... part of the organization in charge of this geologic feature (3,3) - Annie

#544 ...feline/weed (2,4) - Annie

#545 ...primate/flower (3,2) - Annie

~546 ... ungulate/flower (3,4) - Annie

#547 ... equine/flower (2,2) - Annie

#548 ... canine/flower (1,1) - Annie

~549 ... ursidae/orchid (2,2) - Annie

#550 ... desert ungulate/flowering tree (4,2) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

?488 ... what skeptics might call a voodoo stew? (4,2) -chibimimi SOLVED mumbojumbo gumbo

#511 ...an unconventional person who communes with spiritual realms? (7,2) - comtesse

**535 ... ineffectual leash for farmyard animals? (1,1) -chibimimi SOLVED swine twine

#544 ...feline/weed (2,4) - Annie SOLVED lion dandelion

~546 ... ungulate/flower (3,4) - Annie SOLVED antelope heliotrope

~549 ... ursidae/orchid (2,2) - Annie SOLVED panda vanda

#550 ... desert ungulate/flowering tree (4,2) - Annie SOLVED dromedary cherry

#551 A polite animal that's not native to North America (3,4) - Jasdip

**552... a neutered wild cat (2,2) - moonie

#553... the doctor said he was sorry. (5,2) - moonie

#554 ...the careful examination of a rebellion? (3,3) - comtesse

#555 ...to absorb an examination paper? (2,1) - comtesse

#556 ...to call up a formal examination of the facts? (2,2) - comtesse

#557 ...to look into problem of insufficient food? (3,2) - comtesse

#558 ...the Joy of Detective Work? (5,3) - comtesse

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#480 ... a sitting Senator taking a nap? (3,3) -chibimimi SOLVED recumbent incumbent

#511 ...an unconventional person who communes with spiritual realms? (7,2) - comtesse SOLVED individualistic mystic

**552... a neutered wild cat (2,2) - moonie SOLVED sterile feral

#553... the doctor said he was sorry. (5,2) - moonie SOLVED apologetic medic

#554 ...the careful examination of a rebellion? (3,3) - comtesse

#555 ...to absorb an examination paper? (2,1) - comtesse

#557 ...to look into problem of insufficient food? (3,2) - comtesse SOLVED examine famine

#558 ...the Joy of Detective Work? (5,3) - comtesse SOLVED investigation elation

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#437 ... a considerate boss? (2,3) - Jasdip SOLVED fairer employer

#554 ...the careful examination of a rebellion? (3,3) - comtesse SOLVED mutiny scrutiny

#555 ...to absorb an examination paper? (2,1) - comtesse SOLVED digest test

#559...bow/bernhardt (2,2) - Annie

#560...summers/one-named singer (2,3) - Annie

#561...depp/osmond (2,2) - Annie

#562...mandela/pickett (2,2) - Annie

#563...jeeter/estrada (2,2) - Annie

#564...lee/tyson (1,1) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#474 ... ready-to-go fried dough treats? (4,2) -chibimimi SOLVED expeditious knishes

#545 ...primate/flower (3,2) - Annie SOLVED chimpanzee pansy

#547 ... equine/flower (2,2) - Annie SOLVED filly lily

#551 ... a polite animal that's not native to North America (3,4) - Jasdip

#559...bow/bernhardt (2,2) - Annie SOLVED Clara/Sarah

#560...summers/one-named singer (2,3) - Annie SOLVED Donna/Rihanna

#561...depp/osmond (2,2) - Annie SOLVED Johnnie/Donny

#562...mandela/pickett (2,2) - Annie SOLVED Nelson/Wilson

#563...jeeter/estrada (2,2) - Annie Solved Derek/Erik

#564...lee/tyson (1,1) - Annie SOLVED Spike/Mike

#565 ... warranties on circus equipment (2,3) - Annie

#566 ...what you are when you run into a Jersey barrier (3,3) - Annie

#567...when particular dinosaurs get together to sing (4,2) - Annie

#568 ... when you burn the trim (1,1) - Annie

#569 ... when you come up with a new id, fast! (5,3) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#541 ... a geologic feature that's never alone because of this (2,3) - Annie SOLVED canyon companion

#565 ... warranties on circus equipment (2,3) - Annie SOLVED trapeze guaranties

#566 ...what you are when you run into a Jersey barrier (3,3) - Annie

#567...when particular dinosaurs get together to sing (4,2) - Annie SOLVED stegosaurus chorus

#568 ... when you burn the trim (1,1) - Annie SOLVED singe fringe

#570 ... a street vendor who sells non-filling food? (2,2) - chibimimi

#571 ... an aloof crustacean? (3,2) -chibimimi

#572 ... a creature made from almond paste? (3, 4) -chibimimi

#573 ... what Granddad called a cheeky, but well-dressed youngster? (2, 4) - chibimimi

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#538 ... geologic feature named for a Saint (3,2) - Annie SOLVED Teresa mesa

#566 ...what you are when you run into a Jersey barrier (3,3) - Annie SOLVED divider collider

#573 ... what Granddad called a cheeky, but well-dressed youngster? (2, 4) - chibimimi

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#548 ... canine/flower (1,1) - Annie SOLVED fox phlox

#569 ... when you come up with a new ID, fast! (5,3) - Annie

#574 ... a priggish sports car. (4,4) - moonie

#575 ...Diplomat with a fragrant herbaceous plant (4,3) - Outside

#576 ...Take apart a common culinary herb (3,2) - Outside

#577 ...Herb with a bad vibe (4,3) - Outside

#578 ...Herb belonging to the fourth order? (3,4) - Outside

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#574 ... a priggish sports car. (4,4) - moonie

#575 ...Diplomat with a fragrant herbaceous plant (4,3) - Outside SOLVED ambassador lavender

?577 ...Herb with a bad vibe (4,3) - Outside

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#523...a laid-back creature (2,2) - Jasdip

#571 ... an aloof crustacean? (3,2) -chibimimi SOLVED standoffish crawfish

#572 ... a creature made from almond paste? (3, 4) -chibimimi SOLVED marzipan orangutan

#573 ... what Granddad called a cheeky, but well-dressed youngster? (2, 4) - chibimimi SOLVED dapper whippersnapper

#574 ... a priggish sports car. (4,4) - moonie SOLVED Victorian DeLorean

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#569 ... when you come up with a new ID, fast! (5,3) - Annie SOLVED instantaneous alias

#579 ... it's enough for testing (2,2) - Annie

#580... artifacts believed to belong to an ancient Greek philosopher (4,2) - Annie SOLVED Arisotles bottles

#581 ...judge someone's mental fitness ahead of time (3,2) - Annie

#582...a blue publication (4,3) - Annie SOLVED aquamarine magazine

~583 ... Helen Keller could be described as such (2,3) - Annie

**584...weird vehicle (2,1) - Annie

**585...transportation for people with headaches (2,1) - Annie

**586...conversation about this form of transportation (2,1) - Annie

**587...buy your fare ahead of time for this transportation (2,2) - Annie

**588...this form of transportation is the color of bubbly (2,2) - Annie

**589...this transport is full of books (3,2) - Annie

#590...this specific form of transportation (4,4) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#579 ... it's enough for testing (2,2) - Annie SOLVED ample sample

**584...weird vehicle (2,1) - Annie SOLVED bizarre car

**585...transportation for people with headaches (2,1) - Annie SOLVED migraine train

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

What do you call....

#519...depressed sports figure (2,2) - Annie SOLVED downbeat athlete

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

What do you call....

**588...this form of transportation is the color of bubbly (2,2) - Annie SOLVED champagne airplaine

**589...this transport is full of books (3,2) - Annie SOLVED library ferry

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

What do you call....

**586...conversation about this form of transportation (2,1) - Annie SOLVED discuss bus

**589...this transport is full of books (3,2) - Annie SOLVED library ferry

#591 ... you are miffed that someone made a mess with chocolate candy (2,1) - Annie

#592 ... a politician's pets (3,1) - Annie

#593 ... make your ovaries dry up (1,3) - Annie

#594 ... make a yule time dessert (1,2) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

What do you call....

#543 ... part of the organization in charge of this geologic feature (3,3) - Annie SOLVED escarpment department

#576 ...Take apart a common culinary herb (3,2) - Outside SOLVED unravel basil

#591 ... you are miffed that someone made a mess with chocolate candy (2,1) - Annie

#592 ... a politician's pets (3,1) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

What do you call....

#578 ...Herb belonging to the fourth order? (3,4) - Outside SOLVED rosemary quarternary

#592 ... a politician's pets (3,1) - Annie SOLVED Democrat's cats

**595 ... daylight shines on currency (2,2) - Annie

**596 ... melody for a clear night view (1,1) - Annie

**597 ... a distant light in the night sky named for a Hungarian (2,1) - Annie

#598 ... the equator (1,1) - Annie

#599 .... the red planet's journal (1,2) - Annie

#600 ... Italian meats for a dwarf planet (2,3) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

What do you call....

#590...this specific form of transportation (4,4) - Annie SOLVED particiular funicular

**596 ... melody for a clear night view (1,1) - Annie

**597 ... a distant light in the night sky named for a Hungarian (2,1) - Annie

#598 ... the equator (1,1) - Annie SOLVED Earth girth

#599 .... the red planet's journal (1,2) - Annie SOLVED Mars memoirs

#600 ... Italian meats for a dwarf planet (2,3) - Annie SOLVED Pluto's prosciuttos

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

What do you call....

#594 ... make a yule time dessert (1,2) - Annie SOLVED bake fruitcake

**596 ... melody for a clear night view (1,1) - Annie SOLVED moon tune

**597 ... a distant light in the night sky named for a Hungarian (2,1) - Annie SOLVED Magyar star

#601 ... watered down stand-in (2,3) - Annie

#602... a snifter-full at the ready (2,2) - Annie

#603...it becomes this when the pope attaches a few pages together (2,2) - Annie

#604 ... you wash Mama Sheep (2,1) - Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

What do you call....

#551 ... a polite animal that's not native to North America (3,4) - Jasdip SOLVED cordial marsupial

**595 ... daylight shines on currency (2,2) - Annie SOLVED sunny money

#601 ... watered down stand-in (2,3) - Annie SOLVED dilute substitute

#602... a snifter-full at the ready (2,2) - Annie SOLVED handy brandy

#603...it becomes this when the pope attaches a few pages together (2,2) - Annie SOLVED Papal staple

#604 ... you wash Mama Sheep (2,1) - Annie SOLVED shampoo ewe

#605... take this class to learn how to race cars. (2,3) - moonie

#606... to question the prisoner. (4,2) - moonie SOLVED interrogate inmate

#607... fearless outlaw (3,3) - moonie

** 608 ... run-of-the-mill tile art? (3,3) -- chibimimi SOLVED prosaic mosaic

# or ~ 609 ... elaborate fortune-telling? (2, 4) -- chibimimi

#610 ... out-of-time word puzzle? (5,3) -- chibimimi

#611 ... childhood disease of a ferret's cousin? (2,2) -- chibimimi

**612 ... a ballad about chopped veggies? (2,2) -- chibimimi

#613 ... a faux boundary? (4,4) -- chibimimi

#614 ... the difference between true north and magnetic north? (4,4) --chibimimi

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

What do you call....

#591 ... you are miffed that someone made a mess with chocolate candy (2,1) - Annie SOLVED begrudge fudge

#611 ... childhood disease of a ferret's cousin? (2,2) -- chibimimi SOLVED weasel's measles

#614 ... the difference between true north and magnetic north? (4,4) --chibimimi

?615 ...the sand in St. Peter's sandals? (3,3) -- chibimimi

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

What do you call....

?577 ...Herb with a bad vibe (4,3) - Outside SOLVED oregano tremolo

#611 ... childhood disease of a ferret's cousin? (2,2) -- chibimimi SOLVED weasel's measles

#616 ... an article of formal wear in northern England? (4,3) -- chibimimi

#617 ... when this train car isn't coupled (1,2) -- Annie

#618 ... explode the place (3,1) - Annie

#619 ... reverse course in a sailboat (2,1) -- Annie

#620 ... was Gagarin's teacher (1,3) -- Annie

#621 ... the geometric shape of the clothesline when this bird lands on it (3,4) -- Annie

NOTE:

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

What do you call....

~583 ... Helen Keller could be described as such (2,3) - Annie SOLVED fabled disabled

#616 ... an article of formal wear in northern England? (4,3) -- chibimimi SOLVED Northumberland cummerbund

#617 ... when this train car isn't coupled (1,2) -- Annie SOLVED loose caboose

#618 ... explode the place (3,1) - Annie

#619 ... reverse course in a sailboat (2,1) -- Annie

#620 ... was Gagarin's teacher (1,3) -- Annie

#621 ... the geometric shape of the clothesline when this bird lands on it (3,4) -- Annie SOLVED canary catenary

#622 ... perch for a pooch in a birch (2,1) -- chibimimi

NOTE:

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals